Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Liked 171 Times in 99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Essaj View Post
    Sirmacis should easily be able to win championship next season if he manages to find a budget for the whole season. His only real contender from the guys who competed this season is Lukyanuk, Kajto in my papers can't challenge for it if there is any "potential" driver/s racing for the whole season. only reason he won this year is the fact that he drove every round and Lukyanuk being dumb at few races.
    We will see who manages to drive the whole season next year but im pretty sure we're going to get a new champion.
    Wouldnt even be surprised if Sirmacis would start to race in WRC 2, maybe even with factory Skoda since they are going to need someone to replace Lappi.
    I wouldn't be so sure that Sirmacis can win ERC so easily. Being fast on gravel is not enough and on tarmac he's probably quite a lot slower than Lukyanuk and Kajto.

2. Likes: BicioWrc (12th October 2016),dimviii (12th October 2016),Mirek (12th October 2016)
    Brno, Moravia, CZ (also near Vienna :-D )
    Liked 254 Times in 129 Posts
    In my opinion Veiby jr. is not same level as Lappi was in 2012. Not yet ...but I like the way You think
    Visit South Moravia. It is the real paradise

Liked 668 Times in 285 Posts
    Wouldnt mind seeing Veiby on Skoda, but imo he needs atleast year more of something else. Sirmacis could be great addition for Skoda if he learns to drive tarmac also. okay saying Sirmacis would win ERC easily is bit much but me and I bet many others would rank him favourite for 2017 season.

Liked 352 Times in 184 Posts
    Suninen would be great in Skoda works team.

About Sirmacis and his potential rivals in ERC 2017, I don´t bet for Kajto doing another ERC campaign. He got 2 titles and as I remember, Lotos funding only was extended to 2016.

Liked 668 Times in 285 Posts
    Pretty sure Jouhki has other plans for Suninen but we will see.

7. Likes: Mirek (12th October 2016)
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariusz View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure that Sirmacis can win ERC so easily. Being fast on gravel is not enough and on tarmac he's probably quite a lot slower than Lukyanuk and Kajto.
    Yes, he was slower on tarmac, but he would have only needed 38 more points across two rounds to win the title this year, so it is quite possible. Plus of course he will only get better on tarmac.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Mikkelsen, Lappi, Tidemand have something common - Even Management. There is only Veiby jr. left who hasn't yet driven for Škoda works team and there goes my guess who is going to replace Lappi.
    I note he is entered for Spain and GB in a Fabia R5 so it will be interesting to see how he does there.

I don't see any obligation for Skoda to take him though, unless Even are paying?

Personally I would rather see Sunninen or Sirmacis in the works Skoda next year.

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    What's the point for Suninen to stay in WRC2? He pretty much defeated all works drivers this year (not yet but he is very close to the final goal). If there is a chance and I hope there is he shall go straight to WRC.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

11. Likes: Andre Oliveira (12th October 2016),BicioWrc (12th October 2016),TWRC (12th October 2016)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    What's the point for Suninen to stay in WRC2? He pretty much defeated all works drivers this year (not yet but he is very close to the final goal). If there is a chance and I hope there is he shall go straight to WRC.
    He might not have that choice.. if not then works Skoda seems like a good place to be, and like I said, from a Skoda point of view I would rather see him in the car than Veiby.

13. Likes: pantealex (14th October 2016)
    Liked 5,499 Times in 2,280 Posts
    Suninen in M-Sport sounds very logycal now.