Page 10 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Liked 258 Times in 103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    If I understand well, that officially means not only there will not be Rally Estonia in ERC, but there will not be Rally Estonia at all.
    Yes. No rally at all next year.

Liked 832 Times in 380 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dupanton View Post
    I do think that is a big possibility, giving the fact that they wanted to be in ERC for years at the beginning of the 2000s, but couldn't get in because Ypres was...
    I was just thinking about that, it'd be great to see Condroz in ERC. But I remember someone talking on this forum about problems with crowds at Condroz which would become an even bigger problem in ERC...?

Liked 1,472 Times in 572 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by focus206 View Post
    I was just thinking about that, it'd be great to see Condroz in ERC. But I remember someone talking on this forum about problems with crowds at Condroz which would become an even bigger problem in ERC...?
    Crowd control is an issue yes. There is always a lot of public, a lack of stewards on most places and a lot of (drunk) spectator who can't take care of themselves. Just watch some images of the rally and you will see plenty of examples, unfortunatly...

Liked 1,090 Times in 488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    If I understand well, that officially means not only there will not be Rally Estonia in ERC, but there will not be Rally Estonia at all.
    Just read the full press release and there will be no Rally Estonia in 2017. The next one will be in 2018. The gap year is used to find more ways how to make the event better and also to decide in what championship/series it will be in.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 258 Times in 103 Posts
    Painful truth is that, ERC drivers with few exeptions, are just too slow for estonian rally fans. And participation was joke even comparing to national events. I know plenty of friends who went to see 2-3 WRC rallies this year and not to Rally Estonia in it's current state. But what other rally series to attract here besides WRC is a bit of mystery.

6. Likes: cali (3rd November 2016)
    Liked 64 Times in 36 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliverk View Post
    Official, no Rally Estonia 2017
    http://sport.delfi.ee/news/auto/eest...mu?id=76143675 (Estonian news story. Info from organizers.)

Very sad news...

No Ypres, No Rally Estonia, No Winter rally, no Jänner, no Circuit of Ireland... no ERC in 2017???! Where are you going ERC?!

8. Likes: WUff1 (3rd November 2016)
    Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
    What a shame! Anyway, maybe Rally di Roma Capitale will be a new entry of the 2017 FIA ERC Calendar!
    Last edited by SVrally; 3rd November 2016 at 15:54.

Liked 832 Times in 380 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dupanton View Post
    Crowd control is an issue yes. There is always a lot of public, a lack of stewards on most places and a lot of (drunk) spectator who can't take care of themselves. Just watch some images of the rally and you will see plenty of examples, unfortunatly...
    Shame, I hope they'll be able to fix that, I see Condroz as a great last round of ERC, much better than Cyprus for that.

11. Likes: WUff1 (3rd November 2016)
    Liked 1,472 Times in 572 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by focus206 View Post
    Shame, I hope they'll be able to fix that, I see Condroz as a great last round of ERC, much better than Cyprus for that.
    I don't think so, it has been going on for years and years, they get a lot of complaints about it, but they just can't handle it...
    Anyway, with Lefebvre, Breen, Duval, Bergkvist, Matton, Princen, De Mevius etc at the start, they have a great entrylist even without ERC!

13. Likes: WUff1 (3rd November 2016)
    Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SVrally View Post
    What a shame! Anyway, maybe Rally di Roma Capitale will be a new entry of the 2017 FIA ERC Calendar!
    I hoped for Sanremo...

15. Likes: Andre Oliveira (3rd November 2016),TWRC (3rd November 2016),WRC1 (3rd November 2016)