Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 538
  1. #511
    Armchair General Mirek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Prague / Eastern Bohemia
    Posts
    18,894
    Like
    4,480
    Liked 5,700 Times in 2,394 Posts
    It shall be enough for 2 ERC events with a good car and a pre-event test.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

  2. #512
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,952
    Like
    860
    Liked 1,818 Times in 579 Posts
    As long as one or more Fiesta R5s are fighting for the title, and it doesn't cost M-Sport any money... For M-Sport it's probably better publicity if a privateer with their car can fight for the title, than when it's one of their own "works" cars... It means it is the car you can buy yourself, that's fighting for the win (be it Kajto or Lukyanuk or anyone else). With "works" cars you are never 100% sure (they should be the same but everyone knows they aren't). So I don't see any reason why M-Sport should invest in ERC. Maybe you want it to happen, but it's pointless.

  3. #513
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    908
    Like
    196
    Liked 652 Times in 224 Posts
    Ingram already last autumn was testing Fiesta and looking for opportunity to drive it in 2017... so maybe now he will come back to this idea.

  4. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (11th October 2017),tommeke_B (11th October 2017)
  5. #514
    M-Sport WRC Champions Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    9,351
    Like
    1,880
    Liked 4,226 Times in 2,259 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    As long as one or more Fiesta R5s are fighting for the title, and it doesn't cost M-Sport any money... For M-Sport it's probably better publicity if a privateer with their car can fight for the title, than when it's one of their own "works" cars... It means it is the car you can buy yourself, that's fighting for the win (be it Kajto or Lukyanuk or anyone else). With "works" cars you are never 100% sure (they should be the same but everyone knows they aren't). So I don't see any reason why M-Sport should invest in ERC. Maybe you want it to happen, but it's pointless.
    Ok so why have M-Sport had official entries in the WRC2 and BRC if they dont need to prove anything and could let privateers do the job for them ?

    A British driver in their official car would be good for them at European level. Something they've never done as far as I know.

  6. Likes: WRC1 (11th October 2017)
  7. #515
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    7,138
    Like
    678
    Liked 1,071 Times in 577 Posts
    I thought the prize was for two drives in a Motorsport Italia Fabia R5? I suppose these things are open to negotiation..

    Maybe Ingram could persuade Skoda UK to come back to rallying and back him?

  8. #516
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tholt-Y-Will
    Posts
    4,481
    Like
    963
    Liked 475 Times in 273 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    I thought the prize was for two drives in a Motorsport Italia Fabia R5? I suppose these things are open to negotiation..

    Maybe Ingram could persuade Skoda UK to come back to rallying and back him?
    It's a nice idea - but probably highly unlikely....though I hope I'm wrong.
    WRC: On the long way to Recovery............
    Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

  9. #517
    M-Sport WRC Champions Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    9,351
    Like
    1,880
    Liked 4,226 Times in 2,259 Posts
    Ingram was just interviewed on Absolute Rally and stated:

    He wants to stay with Opel and hopefully an R5 either next year, or 2019.
    Many conversations taken place already - many people keen to support him
    The ERC U17 prize use is open... not restricted to any make / team.
    The Incurable Enthusiast

  10. #518
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    7,138
    Like
    678
    Liked 1,071 Times in 577 Posts
    Is it still possible for a national importer to homologate an R5 as it was with the S2000?

  11. #519
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,299
    Like
    383
    Liked 745 Times in 323 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    Is it still possible for a national importer to homologate an R5 as it was with the S2000?
    No
    www.wrcpickem.weebly.com

  12. #520
    Senior Member Andre Oliveira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,815
    Like
    1,355
    Liked 2,577 Times in 1,207 Posts
    Yes. With manufacturer agreement.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •