Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 538
  1. #501
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,299
    Like
    383
    Liked 745 Times in 323 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    It’s true that Bruno struggled in Poland, Czech and Latvia, but he wasn’t that slow on the others. Without the stupid mistake in Cyprus, it would be possible to put more pressure into Kajto and risk a bit more in Italy. Anyway, he did ok considering Kajto superior budget and experience. On Lukyanuk you’re totally right: he’s the fastest man around and deserves to get the title.
    Do you deserve the title when you crash 4 out of your 6 starts? Nothing against Lukyanuk, he is fast and spectacular for sure. But that alone doesn't mean you deserve the title...
    www.wrcpickem.weebly.com

  2. Likes: Jarek Z (11th October 2017),pantealex (11th October 2017)
  3. #502
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    360
    Like
    740
    Liked 219 Times in 115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    It’s true that Bruno struggled in Poland, Czech and Latvia, but he wasn’t that slow on the others. Without the stupid mistake in Cyprus, it would be possible to put more pressure into Kajto and risk a bit more in Italy. Anyway, he did ok considering Kajto superior budget and experience. On Lukyanuk you’re totally right: he’s the fastest man around and deserves to get the title.
    About Lukyanuk - well he IS fast, he IS spectacular to watch, he has personality, thing that lacks nowadays among rally drivers, but crashes way too much. You can deserve chance or opportunity, but title deserves who has most points in end of season, that's how it works.
    I still secretly hoped that Bruno win title in Latvia. Kajto great, but he has experience, financial backing, semi-works team behind him, and Bruno is like local hero goes international (once again). It's kinda inspiring not only thinking about rally, but about life from some point of view, like David and Goliath...Maybe next year Bruno and Hugo will win, maybe next year...

  4. Likes: Rally Power (11th October 2017)
  5. #503
    Senior Member Jarek Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Wroclaw
    Posts
    5,971
    Like
    1,436
    Liked 1,322 Times in 685 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dupanton View Post
    Do you deserve the title when you crash 4 out of your 6 starts? Nothing against Lukyanuk, he is fast and spectacular for sure. But that alone doesn't mean you deserve the title...
    Exactly. People seem to forget that famous racing quotation:

    To finish first, first you have to finish.
    -Juan Manuel Fangio

    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

  6. Likes: electroliquid (11th October 2017),Mirek (11th October 2017),pantealex (11th October 2017)
  7. #504
    M-Sport WRC Champions Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    9,351
    Like
    1,880
    Liked 4,226 Times in 2,259 Posts
    The Incurable Enthusiast

  8. Likes: RS (11th October 2017)
  9. #505
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    7,138
    Like
    678
    Liked 1,071 Times in 577 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    He says he'd love to carry on with Opel, but that's not going to happen unless they manage to homologate the Corsa is it?

  10. #506
    M-Sport WRC Champions Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    9,351
    Like
    1,880
    Liked 4,226 Times in 2,259 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    He says he'd love to carry on with Opel, but that's not going to happen unless they manage to homologate the Corsa is it?
    No, that's not going to happen. I think he's just saying that as a another 'thank-you' to Opel for backing him the last two years and saying if they had an R5 he'd stay with them.

    In terms of his options, I wonder if M-Sport would consider backing him with an R5 ERC entry ? They have won the BRC twice now and dont really have anything to prove there. Perhaps they could step into the ERC in 2018, especially with Ingram having the €100k to bring to them ...
    The Incurable Enthusiast

  11. #507
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,952
    Like
    860
    Liked 1,818 Times in 579 Posts
    M-Sport has nothing to prove in ERC either. They won the title with Kajetanowicz 3 times in a row.

  12. Likes: Andre Oliveira (11th October 2017),electroliquid (11th October 2017),Mirek (11th October 2017),pantealex (11th October 2017),the sniper (11th October 2017)
  13. #508
    Senior Member Rally Power's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,905
    Like
    2,182
    Liked 1,538 Times in 729 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dupanton View Post
    Do you deserve the title when you crash 4 out of your 6 starts? Nothing against Lukyanuk, he is fast and spectacular for sure. But that alone doesn't mean you deserve the title...
    Wasn't talking about any specific season, just saying that Lukyanuk name deserves to be on ERC champs roll; once he wasn’t able to get it on the previous years, I hope he’ll managed to do it in the future.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    To finish first, first you have to finish.
    -Juan Manuel Fangio
    I prefer this one: “Driving fast on the track does not scare me. What scares me is when I drive on the highway and get passed by some idiot who thinks he is Fangio.”
    Rally addict since 1982

  14. Likes: electroliquid (12th October 2017)
  15. #509
    M-Sport WRC Champions Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    9,351
    Like
    1,880
    Liked 4,226 Times in 2,259 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    M-Sport has nothing to prove in ERC either. They won the title with Kajetanowicz 3 times in a row.
    That wasn"t an official M-Sport entry by the British team. Lotos got all the publicity with Kajto's titles.

  16. #510
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tholt-Y-Will
    Posts
    4,481
    Like
    963
    Liked 475 Times in 273 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    No, that's not going to happen. I think he's just saying that as a another 'thank-you' to Opel for backing him the last two years and saying if they had an R5 he'd stay with them.

    In terms of his options, I wonder if M-Sport would consider backing him with an R5 ERC entry ? They have won the BRC twice now and dont really have anything to prove there. Perhaps they could step into the ERC in 2018, especially with Ingram having the €100k to bring to them ...
    How much is €100K going to get him? Being a young British driver can't be much fun, as there aren't the big money sponsors/ backers out there. Gotta wish him well though.
    WRC: On the long way to Recovery............
    Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

  17. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (11th October 2017)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •