Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    Liked 156 Times in 153 Posts
    Honda was the only supplier that got all its engines to the finish line.

Giving one driver the engine that tests best on the dyno isn't sabotage.
    Last edited by Stan Reid; 2nd October 2016 at 15:51.
    This is my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking

Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    I would love to take further part in this discussion, but I have an Elvis concert to attend. Colin Chapman is coming, too
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

3. Likes: airshifter (9th October 2016)
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan Reid View Post
    Honda was the only supplier that got all its engines to the finish line.

Giving one driver the engine that tests best on the dyno isn't sabotage.
    The only person that mentioned the dyno is you and there is nothing to back up what you're saying. Can you explain what you are actually on about?

Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    Every team wants both their cars to finish a race, engines cost very much and I doubt teams like to discard one engine anyhow. Lewis is just unfortunate this year, he's one of the best in history but he still needs luck to be champion. Everyone need luck for that. Rosberg is not as fast as Hamilton, but he's in the same type of car and he has got luck this year so that's most likely to be the difference this year.

Liked 18 Times in 8 Posts
    Where's Nigel Stepney and Nelsinho Piquet when you need them.

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    I honestly think it is ridiculous to suggest Mercedes would intentionally scupper one of their cars, regardless of who the management would prefer to win they are a car manufacturer who value greatly their brand image. Engines blowing up does not bolster their brand image.

Lewis has experienced a series of bad luck, nothing more nothing less.

The question should be, following Hamilton's comments - could they potentially equate to gross misconduct and warrant his sacking if Mercedes so wish.
    Last edited by yodasarmpit; 2nd October 2016 at 20:08.

8. Likes: gm99 (2nd October 2016),Mia 01 (3rd October 2016)
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yodasarmpit View Post
    The question should be, following Hamilton's comments - could they potentially equate to gross misconduct and warrant his sacking if Mercedes so wish.

No, because Hamilton later 'clarified' what he meant..

Hamilton instead pointed to his strong religious beliefs.

"A higher power," he said. "It feels right now as if the man above or a higher power is intervening a little bit. But I feel I have been blessed with so many opportunities. So I have to be grateful for those. While this does not feel great, I have to remain grateful."

Good get out, he's learning!
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    Liked 156 Times in 153 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    The only person that mentioned the dyno is you and there is nothing to back up what you're saying. Can you explain what you are actually on about?
    What am I on about? I'm here to discuss the topic of the thread-how about you? Engines with the most power (because they are under more stress) don't tend to last as long-how's that for a backup? And, I post my thoughts under my real name.
    Last edited by Stan Reid; 2nd October 2016 at 21:46.
    This is my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking

11. Likes: Mia 01 (3rd October 2016)
    Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    Lewis has no golden rihgt to be WDC every year, first it was Mc Laren and now it is Mercedes who sabotaging his right to the divine medal.

Grow up!

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yodasarmpit View Post
    I honestly think it is ridiculous to suggest Mercedes would intentionally scupper one of their cars, regardless of who the management would prefer to win they are a car manufacturer who value greatly their brand image. Engines blowing up does not bolster their brand image.

Lewis has experienced a series of bad luck, nothing more nothing less.

Hardly, he wasn't speaking of the team, he was speaking of a higher power as such, which is utter nonsense. The only thing preventing him from winning the championship is his team. I don't believe there is a conspiracy against Hamilton but it may be, although however unlikely it may seem, that someone on his team doesn't want him to win the championship and wants a German WDC. To me, this is a far more likely probability than Hamilton getting struck by lightning repeatedly time and time again.

Anyway, there is 5 races left and Hamilton can easily turn around a 23 point advantage in those races. All it takes is once bad race for Nico. I believe that Hamilton can win the championship still but only if his car holds together. A 23 point deficit in 5 races isn't a lot. If Nico retires in Japan, Lewis leads by 2 points so all is not lost yet.

Saying that, if Nico wins the WDC I wouldn't begrudge him it. I think he is a fantastic driver worthy of at least one WDC. And, although reliability would play a part in it, at least he didn't cheat this year - he didn't have to.