Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Liked 3,290 Times in 1,732 Posts

Cyprus Rally 2016

Cyprus Rally will host the tenth, and final, round of the European Rallying Championship. It is to take place from the 7th to 9th of October. At the same time the rally will also host the fifth round of the Middle-East Rally Championship. This means that this is the only time during 2016 that one rally hosts two regional championship rounds of the FIA.

date: 7th - 9th of October
    surface: gravel and tarmac
    official website: http://www.cyprusrally.com.cy/

Possible entries:

Alexey Lukyanuk - Mitsubishi Lancer :
    "I'd like to claim to second position in the championship, we will do Cyprus."

Marijan Griebel - Skoda Fabia R5 :
    "I’m really, really looking forward to Cyprus: it has been one of my dreams to sit in an R5 car one day.”

Tomasz Kasperczyk - Ford Fiesta R5 :
    "For me it was a good weekend, I had a lot of fun and I learned as much as possible. Next rally will be better, probably the Cyprus. I'd like to be in the ERC in the next season, but we will see on the beginning of the next year."

Ralfs Sirmacis - Skoda Fabia R5 - does he still have budget left?

Cédric Cherain - Ford Fiesta R5 - working on a budget
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 1,472 Times in 572 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    Cédric Cherain - Ford Fiesta R5 - working on a budget
    Cherain will do the final 2 rounds of the Belgian Championship. It was announced in the same article that there was "a big chance that he would do an other rally this year", so could be Cyprus indeed.

3. Likes: Jarek Z (21st September 2016)
    Liked 1,176 Times in 389 Posts
    I don't think Cherian will do Cyprus, as it is really time and money consuming event. You loose car for around month I think. That's one of the main reasons why top ERC participating Czech crews will not go there (from what I know). Kajto not sure yet, Chuchala planned to go, but after rolling in Liepaja they don't have a car (OK, they have spare one but still very limited time to prepare it and most money lost "during" crash). From ERC regulars Botka should be there for sure.

Brno, Moravia, CZ (also near Vienna :-D )
    Liked 254 Times in 129 Posts
    N. Gryazin said he will drive Cyprus in R5 car...I expect real fun and quite good speed before he will crash (which is nearly sure )
    Visit South Moravia. It is the real paradise

6. Likes: Jarek Z (21st September 2016)
    Liked 3,290 Times in 1,732 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liposh View Post
    N. Gryazin said he will drive Cyprus in R5 car...I expect real fun and quite good speed before he will crash (which is nearly sure )
    You were right. Congratulations!

Gryazin Nikolay / Fedorov Yaroslav: accident in SS 6
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 352 Times in 184 Posts
    I don´t think Kajto will do Cyprus, it doesn´t make sense anymore as he´s already champion. It would be a waste of money for him.

9. Likes: b3637853 (20th September 2016),pantealex (20th September 2016)
    Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WUff1 View Post
    I don´t think Kajto will do Cyprus, it doesn´t make sense anymore as he´s already champion. It would be a waste of money for him.
    Kajto will not do Cyprus, same like for example Al-Attiyah or Al Qassimi.

Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WUff1 View Post
    Not even worth coming to chase the Golden Stage cash ?

"ERC CREWS TO CHASE 60,000 EUROS ON LOVE CYPRUS GOLDEN STAGE

Crews contesting the final two stages of this year's FIA European Rally Championship in Cyprus (7-9 October) will battle for a share of a 60,000 euros prize fund, ERC promoter Eurosport Events is thrilled to announce.

The ‘Love Cyprus Golden Stage’ will comprise two mixed-surface stages with the combined classifications being used to determine the various prize money recipients. Only drivers who are on the entry list and have taken part in the Cyprus Rally are eligible for the prizes.

Both stages will be run once on the final leg of the Cyprus Rally with Golden Stage 1 measuring 22.10 kilometres and Golden Stage 2 covering a distance of 14.50 kilometres.

Golden Stage 1, a fast albeit technical run, is 22 per cent asphalt, 78 per cent gravel. The high-speed Golden Stage 2 is 14 per cent Tarmac and 86 per cent loose-surface.

ERC Co-ordinator Jean-Baptiste Ley said:
    “The Cyprus Rally, the final round of the FIA European Rally Championship season, has just got even better! This is great news for the drivers and teams and it really underlines the tremendous support being extended to the event by the authorities in Cyprus. With the various ERC titles still up for grabs and now a prize fund of 60,000 euros at stake – which is in addition to the usual 20,000 euros on offer to the top seven ERC finishers – the Cyprus Rally will serve as a thrilling climax to yet another exciting and hotly-contested ERC season.”

Annita Demetriades, Acting Director General of the Cyprus Tourism Organisation said: “The Cyprus Tourism Organisation actively supports this stage both for its importance as part of an important European athletic event as well as for the special promotion that it offers Cyprus. Through this year's Golden Stage the spectators will have the opportunity to get to know a different area of Cyprus that will contribute in its own special way to the success of this particular stage, but at the same it will lift the adrenaline levels to the maximum.”

The Love Cyprus Golden Stage will be one of the highlights of October's Cyprus Rally, the 10th and final round of this year's FIA European Rally Championship. Detailed route information of Golden Stage 1 and 2 will be kept under wraps until closer to the event, while the prize money breakdown and running order regulations will be announced in due course."
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 197 Times in 33 Posts
    No. Even the first price is about half of the budget. So teams who are already on the top will keep their money

Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehus View Post
    No. Even the first price is about half of the budget. So teams who are already on the top will keep their money
    The €25,000 to Luky must have been worth having after all ...
    #M-SPORTER