Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I'm still of the opinion that strategy has had vastly less influence on racing since refueling was banned. I think this needs to be brought back and remove DRS. I'd rather see 2 great overtakes in a race than 200 DRS moves.

I enjoyed watching many races of the 1990s where the entire team strategy was setup in order to execute a single deceive overtake. And that one overtake did matter a lot.

Besides that, I think the current F1 strategists still do not understand that the beauty of the sport of racing is in close racing rather than easy overtakes. I'd rather watch two cars following each other for half an hour or longer within about one second range from each other and setting up one another for a crucial overtake, rather than watch an automatic DRS overtake as soon as a car within the DRS range.

2. Likes: steveaki13 (25th September 2016)
    Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Several changes:
    Three types of tires - dry, intermediate and wet. Tires must last the race distance - replacements only allowed for flats or weather changes.
    No DRS.
    Brake discs must be steel, pads are free.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    What has F1 come too! From the sound of the messages from their respective race engineers you would have thought that Nico, and especially Lewis were in danger of brake failure. Then I read this:

A real chess match F1 has become imo.
    I felt it was odd that they would say it was serious when not anywhere near the end of the race. But among the Mercedes weakness is brake fragility. Remember how Hamilton's brake failed in Canada in 2014 and the same happened to Rosberg a year later l think. Hence might be a real concern for the Mercs, shame nobody could capitalize on this. I thought Ricciado was going to do something interesting. I certainly thought Raikonnen was going to steal a podium at one point. Unfortunately, it was one of those races where nothing interesting was happening at the front.

Tell you what, l really enjoyed the part where Max was trying to get past Kyvat. What a joy to watch Kyvat show his racecraft fighting a superior Redbull car with his 2015 Ferrari shod Torro Rosso. He has still got it and it would be a shame to lose him from F1.