Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    still can't believe Trulli gets paid that much less then ralf. I rate him higher then ralf
    For 2 seasons in a row Ralf got more points than Jarno. At best Jarno is as good as Ralf, but not better.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    The difference between the drivers is hardly decisive though. Both have 1 pole position with Toyota, and both have 3 podium finishes. Looking at the balance sheet Jarno is better value for money, but then finance has never really been a factor for Toyota.

If improvement is what the team is looking for then yes, they have taken a step forward with their current driver pairing (or at least they did in 2005 with Gascoyne's help), but with their budget and resources they should be looking to win, not to just improve.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino
    According to Ital media, Toyota have no intention to resign Ralf, if I were them I would replace him with Rosberg.
    Ive been told the same, but apparently its a japanese driver they are looking to sign. I still think they should stick with Ralf, instead of bringing in someone with as much talent as alex yoong.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger
    I have just read an article on both RS and JT by Peter Windsor in last months' F1 Racing (I'm still in catch-up mode reading magazines I bought weeks ago).

To cut a long story short, RS is lacking motivation because he is too busy checking his bank accounts, whereas JT is still the best bet to get Toyota nearer the front, providing he gets over his inconsistencies.
    peter windsor the expert strikes again. Cant we silence that moron somehow?
    Ralf has beaten Trulli fair and square this year already when conditions were equal, enough about this "ralf is only motivated by money" stuff already.

Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    If improvement is what the team is looking for then yes, they have taken a step forward with their current driver pairing (or at least they did in 2005 with Gascoyne's help), but with their budget and resources they should be looking to win, not to just improve.
    For that to happen, they need to stop putting guys into leading positions in the team, who have no idea about Formula1 at all. Recently there has a been a slight improvement in that regard.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have to agree with Garry - Some of Peter Windsor's articles in F1 Racing sure are difficult to follow, when he analyses co-efficient turning circles, or some other such stuff. I know some of the the drivers not only do not like it, but they wonder what he is writing about, which is a bit worrying...

I have tried, but after awhile everything glazes over, and I have to go looking for Dom Taylor, the Bish, Rowlinson, or Steve Cooper, who all write enjoyable stuff that resembles understandable plain English.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger
    I have to agree with Garry - Some of Peter Windsor's articles in F1 Racing sure are difficult to follow, when he analyses co-efficient turning circles, or some other such stuff. I know some of the the drivers not only do not like it, but they wonder what he is writing about, which is a bit worrying...
    Windsors articles about driving styles are great for comedy reading, I could have 10 year old girls write articles with more sense than the ones he manages, which would also be far more accurate than anything windsor ever will or has written. He likes to imagine himself as some kind of an expert, when in reality he understands f1 less than animals at the zoo.

Rant over

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Massa went to Sauber because he had a contract with Ferrari since 2001.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    still can't believe Trulli gets paid that much less then ralf. I rate him higher then ralf
    So many say they rate Trulli higher than RS. But RS has so far scored more than Trulli(although not to the extent of justifying the diff in salary). Since when do we stop believing in results?

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    Windsors articles about driving styles are great for comedy reading...
    He completely loses me with his co-efficient turning circle, but then I know nothing about driving an F1 car. Does he?
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    He completely loses me with his co-efficient turning circle, but then I know nothing about driving an F1 car. Does he?
    I suppose it has to do more with physics than with F1 driving techniques, but given that I did never read any of his articles I can't comment more.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

No, he clearly doesnt. But then again, we all like to pretend we are experts, only he is getting paid for it