Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    Yeah but if I were Rosberg I wouldn't be so keen on jumping from Williams to Toyota.
    Why? I don't think Williams has better prospects than Toyota unless they get a factory support in the near future.

Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    "I would rather keep driving quickly than try to respond with my mouth."

Don't think Nick could of said it any better. Certainly wont get to drive any quicker in a Toyota.
    Jim Raynor will be returning soon!

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    Why? I don't think Williams has better prospects than Toyota unless they get a factory support in the near future.
    Yeah that is true, but I think that is all that Williams lacks. Money. Toyota have really got nowhere during their time in F1 with one of the bigger budgets. They haven't shown me that they can win championships, even with resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper
    I never did understand why Sauber dumped him for Massa
    Probably something to do with a supply of engines from a manufacturer who are managed by the father of Massa's manager.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    Yeah that is true, but I think that is all that Williams lacks. Money. Toyota have really got nowhere during their time in F1 with one of the bigger budgets. They haven't shown me that they can win championships, even with resources.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here: Toyota hasn't even won a race yet.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    BMW is in better shape than Toyota and rate Heidfeld higher than nay other team.
    so I don't see a reason why Nick should be even thinking about jumping ship to Toyota.
    Toyota on the other hand... well appart from Trulli I don't think they have done a wise driver sign-up in 5 years
    Fan of Timo Glock and proud of it! :champion: 3 podiums, new start as a Virgin :p

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was jsut thinking if nick a midfield runner according to toyota boses then what are Ralf Schumacher and Jarno Trulli? two of the most inconsistant drivers ever in Forunla 1?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have just read an article on both RS and JT by Peter Windsor in last months' F1 Racing (I'm still in catch-up mode reading magazines I bought weeks ago).

To cut a long story short, RS is lacking motivation because he is too busy checking his bank accounts, whereas JT is still the best bet to get Toyota nearer the front, providing he gets over his inconsistencies.

RS's contract expires at the end of 2007 - I would be mightily surprised if Toyota renewed it. With an alleged $25 million to RS and an alleged $8 million going to JT, Toyota should sign an "unknown" for 2008, in the sense that Hamilton was an "unknown". With that I mind, and if I was signing the cheques for the Toyota board, someone like Bourdais might well be a suitable replacement. What have Toyota got to lose..?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    still can't believe Trulli gets paid that much less then ralf. I rate him higher then ralf

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger
    I have just read an article on both RS and JT by Peter Windsor in last months' F1 Racing (I'm still in catch-up mode reading magazines I bought weeks ago).

To cut a long story short, RS is lacking motivation because he is too busy checking his bank accounts, whereas JT is still the best bet to get Toyota nearer the front, providing he gets over his inconsistencies.

RS's contract expires at the end of 2007 - I would be mightily surprised if Toyota renewed it. With an alleged $25 million to RS and an alleged $8 million going to JT, Toyota should sign an "unknown" for 2008, in the sense that Hamilton was an "unknown". With that I mind, and if I was signing the cheques for the Toyota board, someone like Bourdais might well be a suitable replacement. What have Toyota got to lose..?

Very true: I would suggest two drivers with more motivation, like Bordais and Webber, and that would cost a helluva lot less, and produce a helluva lot more.

By the way, you should take a course in speed reading :
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout