Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Howett and why Toyota signed RS and JT

Because he doesn't rate Heidfeld higher than midfield!

"With him, we would not improve," Team President Howett recently told Sport Bild.

Nick's answer:
    "I know what I can do.

"I would rather keep driving quickly than try to respond with my mouth."

http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlin...27101112.shtml

More about it:
    http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlin...26111238.shtml
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Is it too cynical of me to think that maybe the Toyota board said "Let's get Schumacher for 10 million" (or however much it was)...without realising they were getting Ralf?

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    To be precise, then actually Howett thinks that Heidfeld is "upper midfield", which might be understood as not as a top driver, but in the group of next drivers.

But Howett is not the only one - Heidfeld has traditionally been not-very-highly rated by team principals. McLaren preferred Räikkönen over Heidfeld. Sauber dropped Heidfeld in order to get Fisichella and Massa. Heidfeld got Williams drive only thanks to beating Pizzonia. It seems that so far only Theissen has been rating Nick really highly, although even about BMW there are rumours that Heidi might not be kept... Oh, and also Eddie Jordan rated Nick highly by not demanding any sponsorship money from him for 2004...

But I'm surprised a bit that Toyota does not attempt to hire for example Bourdais or Rosberg. I would like to see both Jarno and Ralf fighting against new team-mates next year - after a certain time it would be interesting to see some changes in team-mate battles to get more excitement.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    they are waiting ralf schumacher to get the informations from michael now because he is retired and they will be in the front next year :P

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    But Howett is not the only one - Heidfeld has traditionally been not-very-highly rated by team principals. McLaren preferred Räikkönen over Heidfeld. Sauber dropped Heidfeld in order to get Fisichella and Massa. Heidfeld got Williams drive only thanks to beating Pizzonia. It seems that so far only Theissen has been rating Nick really highly, although even about BMW there are rumours that Heidi might not be kept... Oh, and also Eddie Jordan rated Nick highly by not demanding any sponsorship money from him for 2004...
    I think you've got that wrong their, McLaren rated Heidfeld very highly, its just that Raikkonen is exceptionally quick. I never did understand why Sauber dumped him for Massa, and Williams tryed to get Heidfeld away from Jordan (another team that highly rated him as he was able to drag out better results than the car deserved) mid 04 to sub for Ralf, and were highly impressed with him when he raced for them in 05. BMW were also very impressed and so got him for 07 before Williams could get a him on a long term contract, so they let him go to BM a year early.

It seems he has to work with a team before they recognize just how good he is.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DimitraF1
    they are waiting ralf schumacher to get the informations from michael now because he is retired and they will be in the front next year :P

What? like go forward, not backwards? put your right foot on the benzene, left foot on brake, middle foot on clutch? breathe in when accelerating, breathe out when braking?

What on earth can Michael tell his brother (apart from saying he is sorry for trying to run him into a concrete apron) that could help poor Ralfie do better?
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    I predict BMW will re-sign Nick with a hefty performance bonus clause for next year.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    According to Ital media, Toyota have no intention to resign Ralf, if I were them I would replace him with Rosberg.
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Yeah but if I were Rosberg I wouldn't be so keen on jumping from Williams to Toyota.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    if Nick's a mid-field runner, then he's too good for where Toyota is at right now...
    the wise man does at once what the fool does finally - macchiavelli