Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts

Has Rosberg's chance evaporated?

I thought Rosberg would have a great opportunity to regain the title lead when Hamilton takes his engine penalty. As it turned out, he is still 2 points behind and Hamilton has weathered the worst case scenario. I suppose the question is, has the opportunity eluded Rosberg?
    There is obviously the one remaining reprimand on Hamilton and the potential future upgrade to engine that may play to Rosberg's favor, but that too may turn out to be elusive. With two points behind, can Rosberg pull an Houdini and snatch this years title from Hamilton?

I think his chance depends on Hamilton having some bad luck or making mistake which is rare. What are your thoughts?

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    I thought Rosberg would have a great opportunity to regain the title lead when Hamilton takes his engine penalty. As it turns out, he is still 2 points behind and Hamilton has weathered the worst case scenario. I suppose the question is, has the opportunity eluded Rosberg?
    There is obviously the one remaining reprimand on Hamilton that may play to Rosberg's favor, but that too may turn out to be elusive. With two points behind, can Rosberg pull an Houdini and snatch this years title from Hamilton?

I think his chance depends on Hamilton having some bad luck or making mistake which is rare. What are your thoughts?
    It'll all come down to how reliable Hamilton's car is and whether he can make good starts to the GP. If he can get into the first corner first in 4 of the remaining races Hamilton will be champion, if not, it may swing the other way.

Rosberg is due a bit of bad luck this season. Everything has gone his way and he's still two points behind Hamilton. He is due a retirement of some sorts. Neither Mercedes driver has made it through the championship without having a reliability issue affect them in any season of F1. It may be that Rosberg bucks that trend and, if so, that is what might win him the title but it won't be because he has been the better driver.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    I thought Rosberg would have a great opportunity to regain the title lead when Hamilton takes his engine penalty. As it turned out, he is still 2 points behind and Hamilton has weathered the worst case scenario. I suppose the question is, has the opportunity eluded Rosberg?

I am not exactly sure what you're complaining about. It's a common knowledge that the Mercedes car can start the race from the very last position, and still finish on the podium. Did you really believe Hamilton was going to finish barely outside of points in races like Spa? I recall the 2012 races where Vettel was effectively starting last, and then finished on the podium. The only difference is that now Mercedes is even more dominant than the Red Bull of 2012.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro
    Space....I think Nico is basically tied with The Boss 2/3 the way through the season. From this point forward the chances for "bad luck" is the same as ever, and I would bet that Louis still has more "bad luck", that is; remaining the norm though out the season. However that is just a gut feeling. Singapore may be a real spanner for both/either. I guess we'll just have to wait and see!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    Space....I think Nico is basically tied with The Boss 2/3 the way through the season. From this point forward the chances for "bad luck" is the same as ever, and I would bet that Louis still has more "bad luck", that is; remaining the norm though out the season. However that is just a gut feeling. Singapore may be a real spanner for both/either. I guess we'll just have to wait and see!
    How are they tied 2/3 exactly? I don't remember Nico having anywhere near as much issues as Hamilton or having to start from the back of the grid, having his car fail twice in qualifying - or actually at all?

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    I'm talking points-wise mate, and nothing to indicate Boss' luck is changing!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    To the OP's question: obviously not. However, when Nico was 43 points in the lead, I still maintained that my money was on Lewis and I keep that standpoint.

At any rate, the facts are that Lewis is not immune to brain fade, nor is the Mercedes car bulletproof. Either driver can have a bad race, or an accident, or an engine failure, or be taken out by Verstappen. And even if this sounds like fantasy to pretty much in everyone in the forum, there might just be a very slim chance that Rosberg outperforms Hamilton for the rest of the season. So it's not like we're done yet with our prophecies.

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    I think Rosberg has no chances, Hamilton can't have problems with the car all year long (unless someone wants him to have them but that's just conspiracy theory with no basis) and in a straight fight we all know who is the winner...

Liked 1,082 Times in 604 Posts
    There is obviously the one remaining reprimand on Hamilton and the potential future upgrade to engine that may play to Rosberg's favor, but that too may turn out to be elusive. With two points behind, can Rosberg pull an Houdini and snatch this years title from Hamilton?

No. He will always have a chance so long as he is driving the best car.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

10. Likes: Mia 01 (11th September 2016),Tazio (10th September 2016)
    Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    No. He will always have a chance so long as he is driving the best car.
    Quite true. He is alot closer than he was in 2014. It could be a great scrap to the end this one. I just hope both cars are problems free so that we may see a good battle to Abu Dhabi.