Page 2 of 182 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts
    Some information at vf; http://www.vf.se/sport/bilsport/sven...ir-banbrytande

Imo, two SSS in Karlstad is one too many, could have used Höljes RX/Folkrace track instead.
    Also only 2x3 proper stages on Saturday?
    Last edited by BleAivano; 8th October 2016 at 09:40.
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

Vargåsen stage will have to be shortened by an additional 4km making the stage about 10km shorter next year then it was this year.
    The reason is that it is too long to fit into the companies schedule. Tv companies want the cars to finish before the next car reaches Colin's crest.

http://www.vf.se/sport/bilsport/varg...ner-%C2%A0igen

It seems that tv-companies won't be happy until rallies permanently consists of only super special stages.

Liked 1,090 Times in 488 Posts
    I personally think they have not figured out the power stage TV format. The addition of small pointless interview segments before every driver starts (recorded footage) is quite pointless and in my opinion just disturbs the flow of the show.

They should figure out the correct format and then start mandating what the stage should be like.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    Vargåsen not PS 2017.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 782 Times in 309 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    I personally think they have not figured out the power stage TV format. The addition of small pointless interview segments before every driver starts (recorded footage) is quite pointless and in my opinion just disturbs the flow of the show.

They should figure out the correct format and then start mandating what the stage should be like.
    Maybe they should let the event organisers choose stages and then decide how to film them.

IIRC there was a moment last time where there were two cars already in the stage and instead of showing them they just had about 30 seconds of the next car sitting on the line waiting to start. Then they probably cut to an interview as soon as it left the line anyway.

6. Likes: BleAivano (23rd October 2016)
    WRC drivers are aliens! ruesluporp's Avatar
    Liked 64 Times in 31 Posts

Liked 140 Times in 86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ruesluporp View Post
    Seems good value. I didn't bother with Rally GB this year because of the price vs. how much rally action you see. Equivalent of 52 of my English pounds for seemingly all access is much better value - just need to find somewhere to stay near Torsby!

Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    We are staying in Munkfors this year in a log cabin. But I think accommodation is going quite quickly from what I can gather!!
    Really looking forward to it now, and looking at webcams in Varmland regions there is snow apparent in quite a few places.

Liked 140 Times in 86 Posts
    As mentioned by SubaruNorway in this post airbnb looks like a good way round the hotel shortage - it might be a good way for me to practise my Svenska as well!

Quote Originally Posted by markpcym View Post
    We are staying in Munkfors this year in a log cabin. But I think accommodation is going quite quickly from what I can gather!!
    I think accommodation in Värmland will be very hard to find but people can always look at south western Dalarna and Malung area.
    Malung is only about 80km from Torsby.