Page 167 of 182 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 1813
    Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Not to a degree but very much It's an event where the torque curve is hugely important, maybe most of all events (my opinion).

PS: I don't share Your opinion about Mexico and Argentina either. IMHO where there is general lack of power every bit of better power curve must be a reasonable advantage. Just have a look on R5 times in comparison to WRC in both Argentina and Mexico. Those cars have been always incredibly slow compared to WRC ones while on other events they have been mostly way closer.
    Mirek, simple question: in those R5 cars which are so much slower in MEX and AR, who is driving? I mean long ways to go, is it all the same drivers in Mexico and Argentina as back in European events?

(cars don't drive themselves...maybe---if its different drivers, the best "locally" aren't as fast..Maybe only "richer" Euro can afford the trip??)
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    In NOT's defense (whaaat?) he did congratulate Latvala and TGR. Still, he coooould admit he was wrong.

I'll be honest, as dumb and half thought out NOTs comments are, I like seeing what he has to say and effectively discussing with him. He's definitely annoying and hostile but he's ever so slightly growing on me like mold on bread.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    You haven't been reading his ridiculous---and getting more ridiculous-- claptrap where he endlessly tries to sh*t all over people doing things he will never be able to do for more than 10 years..

Superficially he's like a bright 12 year old.....after a while you realise that he is actually a crippled 14 y.o. who has gone bad, and hates the whole world..

One trick pony.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

3. Likes: Co-FIN (13th February 2017),steve.mandzij (13th February 2017)
    Liked 846 Times in 407 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa View Post
    You haven't been reading his ridiculous---and getting more ridiculous-- claptrap where he endlessly tries to sh*t all over people doing things he will never be able to do for more than 10 years..

Superficially he's like a bright 12 year old.....after a while you realise that he is actually a crippled 14 y.o. who has gone bad, and hates the whole world..

One trick pony.
    Trust me, I have. He shits on the "village team" the most, and I'm a die-hard fan of Latvala and now the Jaris. He's dull, annoying and repetitive, but I can't deny that he gives me someone to blast with self admitted fanboyism. It's fun when others criticize him too.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by COD View Post
    What is worrying about Citroen is that it does look like they have big handling problems on both cars. Hopefully they can sort it out, but they are team that tested the 2017 car longest and seem to have gotten it most wrong overall.
    Could it be wrong chassis base or just needs some fine-tune setup? Remains to be seen come the dry gravel.

Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Like it was already mentioned, all of them were in max attack mode in today’s Power Stage, and the total split was pretty small: only 3s between Latvala and Meeke. We can see it as a sign that there’s a real balance between ’17 cars
    No. It's a sign that all teams stick to basic setup proven through the years. Same as in 2011. They don't want unnecessary risks, but reach the finish, gather data and hopefully some points. Later they will grow confidence and begin trying extremes. Some will win, some will fail.

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    Last edited by A FONDO; 13th February 2017 at 07:32.

7. Likes: dimviii (13th February 2017)
    Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    I'm a fan Meeke & Nagle and want to see these doing well, and very frustrated with the performance over the last 2 rally's. I was convinced they had one eye on the championship this year. But after watching this, they are miles off!

Watch the on-board of Meeke on SS17 on WRC+.... I thought he had backed off to save tires for Power Stage...

Watch this first 5 mins.. after that he basically gave up..." "***k this, I'm not driving this"

Caution the language is +18
    Last edited by wrc2017; 13th February 2017 at 07:53.

9. Likes: EightGear (13th February 2017),Eli (13th February 2017),er88 (13th February 2017),GravelBen (13th February 2017),Jewy46 (13th February 2017),KKS (18th February 2017),Micke_VOC (13th February 2017),Simmi (13th February 2017),steve.mandzij (13th February 2017),tomhlord (13th February 2017)
    Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa View Post
    Mirek, simple question: in those R5 cars which are so much slower in MEX and AR, who is driving? I mean long ways to go, is it all the same drivers in Mexico and Argentina as back in European events?

(cars don't drive themselves...maybe---if its different drivers, the best "locally" aren't as fast..Maybe only "richer" Euro can afford the trip??)
    Hi Jan, if I am not mistaken Suninen or Fuchs were able to drive at around 3-4 s/km behind WRC.

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    Yes, they only have 10 or so different nationalities in the team! How terribly nationalistic.

You should know by now that N.O.T never lets the facts get in the way of his trolling though.
    Latest I've heard was 16 different nationalities

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc2017 View Post
    I'm a fan Meeke & Nagle and want to see these doing well, and very frustrated with the performance over the last 2 rally's. I was convinced they had one eye on the championship this year. But after watching this, they are miles off!

Watch the on-board of Meeke on SS17 on WRC+.... I thought he had backed off to save tires for Power Stage...

Watch this first 5 mins.. after that he basically gave up..." "***k this, I'm not driving this"

Caution the language is +18
    Thanks for the tip-off. And welcome to the forum!

That's a very interesting onboard indeed. Would recommend people watch it before Citroen get it pulled down.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

13. Likes: tomhlord (13th February 2017)
    Liked 782 Times in 309 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    Latest I've heard was 16 different nationalities
    Probably right, the article I read saying 10 was from sometime last year.