Page 132 of 182 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1813
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Nandan: "It should not happen"
    Michel Nandan, the Principal of Hyundai Motorsport, did not hide his frustration after seeing Thierry Neuville lose a win for the second time in a row.

Hyundai Motorsport is struggling at the end of the second stage of the Swedish Rally. While the Korean brand was hoping to win with Thierry Neuville who had a 43-second lead over Jari-Matti Latvala (Toyota), the Belgian fell into the Karlstad super special that closed the day.
    When the wheel was torn, the vice-world champion had to dismount. A situation identical to that lived in Monte Carlo last month when he had given up while he dominated the event.
    "It's easy to say that it's part of the rally, but it should not happen in a super special when you have a lead of 43 seconds," commented Monegasque. It is disappointing for the whole team and of course for Thierry and Nicolas (Gilsoul) after these performances. Until this special, they did everything well by controlling and increasing their lead. The Rally2 will allow them to quickly turn the page. "
    "We must focus on the potential of our car despite the problems encountered at the beginning of the season. Our crews are resistant. We saw it this morning with Hayden (Paddon) and John (Kennard) who had their worries of power steering, "said Michel Nandan.
    Hyundai is now placing on Dani Sordo who occupies the 4th place at a good distance from Sébastien Ogier (Ford). Hayden Paddon is seventh.
    http://www.autohebdo.fr/wrc/actualit...er-183323.html

Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    nobody ever said that about Meeke, only the people who are basic enough and whenever someone shows some speed he immediately becomes a future world champion in their simple mindset.

We are talking an almost 40 year old, unfortunately he spent his best years doing nothing and only came into picture lately which is apparently too late, he can win some events this year, the Citroen is a winning car, better than Ford and toyota, Hyundai seems that they gave a car that neuville can drive with hands in his pockets.

Conclusions cannot be drawn after 2 very special events where conditions and experience are more of a factor than driving or car performance.
    Now, could you please take your pils, wait for them to kick off, then read your post few times, very carefully.
    Then answer, how did you figure out Citroen is better than Ford and Toyota if:
    Quote:
    Conclusions cannot be drawn after 2 very special events where conditions and experience are more of a factor than driving or car performance.
    Why do I even bother reading your bu***t.

3. Likes: KKS (12th February 2017),skarderud (11th February 2017),steve.mandzij (11th February 2017)

Hyundai World Rally Championship driver Thierry Neuville says his retirement from the lead of Rally Sweden down to bad luck rather than pushing too hard.
    The Belgian was 46 seconds ahead when he damaged the steering on his i20 Coupe WRC during Saturday night's superspecial stage.
    Sweden is the second event in succession Neuville has retired from the lead, after damaging rear suspension when he hit a bridge parapet in Monte Carlo last month.
    "It was a slow corner and I turned at the wrong moment," Neuville said.
    "The tyre hit something, a truck tyre [part of the inside barrier] and I lost the steering. At that point, the rally was finished.
    "It would be frustrating if I did a mistake and destroyed the car, but I was doing the perfect job and Nicolas [Gilsoul, co-driver] as well.
    "We can't blame ourselves, we were missing some luck, even if this is another mistake, you can see from the images that we were not pushing too hard.
    "We had spent all Saturday with a deliberate strategy to take things steady and to stay in control of the rally.
    "We didn't want a repeat of Monte, but that's exactly what we got.
    "I am so disappointed for the team, for Nicolas, and myself but we have to put it quickly behind us."

Neuville will return for the final day under Rally2 regulations, with a focus on landing five powerstage points.
    "We can't dwell on such things, however frustrating," he added.
    "We know we have the pace to win rallies with the Hyundai i20 Coupe WRC.
    "We have the confidence and I am sure the results will come."
    Hyundai team principal Michel Nandan was unimpressed with the turn of events, with the team's remaining drivers Dani Sordo and Hayden Paddon fourth and seventh entering the final day.
    "It's easy to say that this is rallying, however when you have a 43-second lead these things shouldn't happen in a super special stage," he said.
    "It's disappointing for everyone in the team, and of course for Thierry and Nicolas after what had been another commanding performance.
    "Until that final stage, they had done everything right - controlling the rally and actually extending their lead.
    "The old saying is true: it's not over until it's over."
    Neuville's accident paves the way for a three-way fight for victory on Sunday, with Toyota's Jari-Matti Latvala and M-Sport pair Ott Tanak and Sebastien Ogier split by 16.6s.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report...weden-accident

Liked 58 Times in 27 Posts
    you know one funny thing is. if you listened to latvala today. he had two spares while others had one. so i wouldn't under estimate him yet. for tomorrow. im more worried about one of the fords to have issues trying to push Latvala. i still think 1.latvala 2.Tannak 3. ogier.

7. Likes: jparker (11th February 2017)

9. Likes: macebig (11th February 2017),the sniper (11th February 2017)
    Liked 1,830 Times in 708 Posts
    About the team orders thing, it's not as simple as you (the ones that believe it will happen) think it is. Tomorrow there are just 3 stages and the top 3 are quite close.

Of the top 3 Tanak has shown the best pace and considering the gap he has the best chance to win, so it would be dumb to tell him to slow down because it would mean neutering your team's best chance to win. So for the first stages I'm sure he will be free to fight. After that we'll see how it goes; maybe Tanak will go off or be slower, Ogier finds some crazy speed etc. But again I think it's silly to suggest Tanak will "suddenly have problems" when he is the best chance for M-Sport to win the rally.

Except if Latvala crashes or loses/wins a lot of time before the last stage it means that the team orders will have to be done after the last stage by checking in late or something like that. Otherwise it would make more sense to try to fight to the end. If the positions are Latvala-Tanak-Ogier or Tanak-Ogier-Latvala with a gap bigger than 10s between Tanak and Latvala in the 2nd case then Tanak can just check in 1 minute late, gets 10s penalty and Ogier gets the points.

About Ogier's contract and supposed clauses... well that's just speculation and I doubt he has such a clause. Unless someone shows me the contract or I see some blatant team orders I won't believe such a clause exists.

11. Likes: jparker (11th February 2017)
    Liked 1,830 Times in 708 Posts
    Oh and I hope Latvala wins so N.O.T gets even crazier He might even start eating dog food

13. Likes: Allyc85 (11th February 2017),danon (11th February 2017),dimviii (11th February 2017),Eli (11th February 2017),er88 (12th February 2017),jparker (11th February 2017),KKS (12th February 2017),Revman (12th February 2017),skarderud (11th February 2017),spark13 (11th February 2017),steve.mandzij (11th February 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by seb_sh View Post
    Oh and I hope Latvala wins so N.O.T gets even crazier He might even start eating dog food
    hahaha class!

best scenario is dog fight till the last power stage + Neuville who said will go for the 5 points.

this is the proper dog fight!

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seb_sh View Post
    About the team orders thing, it's not as simple as you (the ones that believe it will happen) think it is. Tomorrow there are just 3 stages and the top 3 are quite close.

Of the top 3 Tanak has shown the best pace and considering the gap he has the best chance to win, so it would be dumb to tell him to slow down because it would mean neutering your team's best chance to win. So for the first stages I'm sure he will be free to fight. After that we'll see how it goes; maybe Tanak will go off or be slower, Ogier finds some crazy speed etc. But again I think it's silly to suggest Tanak will "suddenly have problems" when he is the best chance for M-Sport to win the rally.

Except if Latvala crashes or loses/wins a lot of time before the last stage it means that the team orders will have to be done after the last stage by checking in late or something like that. Otherwise it would make more sense to try to fight to the end. If the positions are Latvala-Tanak-Ogier or Tanak-Ogier-Latvala with a gap bigger than 10s between Tanak and Latvala in the 2nd case then Tanak can just check in 1 minute late, gets 10s penalty and Ogier gets the points.

About Ogier's contract and supposed clauses... well that's just speculation and I doubt he has such a clause. Unless someone shows me the contract or I see some blatant team orders I won't believe such a clause exists.
    You all exaggerate with this team orders thing. A dominating team doesn't need such. If it does, it won't be dominating anymore.
    For the win though I would say Tanak will take it, though Latvala so far had better pace than him.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI