Page 177 of 182 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 1813
    Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eib1 View Post
    maybe just overdriving (Matton words "you have to win", "you have to win" hammering in his head)
    i'm thinking the same, at both moments on video he's just too fast for the corner.
    could it be that citroen has build a car that really needs to be driven smooth, as it has always been with loeb?

back in the days of the xsara and the C4, i heard that the citroen was much more difficult to drive than the focus.
    that they were build/set up for loeb's smooth driving style only.

Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Quite an alarming start to 2017 for Citroen and Meeke.

They missed most of last year to test and be ready with the new car and yet those that started much later (MSport) or from scratch (Toyota) have started significantly better.

Worrying.
    There is one more thing I don't understand with all this preparation time, where is the third car! How can you not have the third car ready for the first event to be able to fight for the championship. It must be weird switching from the 2017 and 2016 spec cars as a driver! Money issues most likely.

3. Likes: A FONDO (14th February 2017),pantealex (14th February 2017)
    Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    i'm thinking the same, at both moments on video he's just too fast for the corner.
    could it be that citroen has build a car that really needs to be driven smooth, as it has always been with loeb?

back in the days of the xsara and the C4, i heard that the citroen was much more difficult to drive than the focus.
    Come on guys, Mr. Loeb has been kicked off from Citroen ages.

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts

AFAIK C4 was the only WRC car with uneven torque split where more torque went to the rear axle (on asphalt only I think).
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 12,164 Times in 5,216 Posts
    quite an irony that every time Meeke had a good result last year he repeated: "Just wait till i get into the new car"....now he is in it and he is nowhere. i hope he gets his issues sorted, something must have gone wrong somwhere.

and i would also raise the question about citroen not having 3 cars ready...m-sport had 4 cars in sweden and they are a private team.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

7. Likes: pantealex (14th February 2017),steve.mandzij (14th February 2017),WRC1 (14th February 2017)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eib1 View Post
    maybe just overdriving (Matton words "you have to win", "you have to win" hammering in his head)
    Matton’s words are more likely to be “stay on the road” than “you’ve to win”…

You can be right, but that raises an uncomfortable question: wasn’t the C3 mainly developed by Meeke according to his driving style?

Probably the car handling problems are setup issues that can be fixed with more testing, but before start blaming Citroen Meeke’s fans should remember his role on the development. If the car’s not working properly it’s the whole team fault (including drivers) and the day it’ll be fixed (soon, we all hope) it will be thanks to the whole team efforts.

Honestly I still believe that on gravel the car will perform ok and we just need a trouble free minded Meeke to see him fighting for the wins. Fingers crossed!
    Rally addict since 1982

9. Likes: jparker (14th February 2017)
    Of course the test driver's role is very important but he can't affect everything. He can give feedback to the engineers but he can't do the diff mapping etc. himself. There may be also some technical glitches which cause that the diff works different way than it theoretically should based on the mapping etc. It's complex issue and may have many root causes. From us some finger pointing is only speculations.

11. Likes: cali (14th February 2017),dimviii (14th February 2017),GravelBen (15th February 2017)
    Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    He can give feedback to the engineers but he can't do the diff mapping etc. himself. There may be also some technical glitches which cause that the diff works different way than it theoretically should based on the mapping etc.
    What is Meeke's experience on driving cars with this kind of configuration, is it enough for good valuable feedback?
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

13. Likes: A FONDO (14th February 2017)
    IMHO there are two different levels of feedback. The driver delivers his feelings, sensual feedback, confidence etc. - for that it's not that important what are the exact technical means behind the car's behavior. The engineer transform the driver's feedback into the exact world of numbers and values. It is good if the driver is also an engineer but he can never understand everything so in the end the engineers are those who tune the car to get as close as possible to the driver's feelings. I think that it's sometimes very difficult to balance the two levels - when something is very good on theoretical basis but the drivers don't feel comfortable with it at all.

Liked 52 Times in 28 Posts
    I think it is important to see the difference between technically fast car (engineers car) and confidence inspiring car (drivers car). Good car (specially good rally car) must be a compromise or both together if it is possible.