Page 166 of 182 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 1813
    Liked 643 Times in 285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Do you usually follow the forum? During the last one and a half year the forum idiot (aka NOT) has been repeatedly bashing Toyota’s people. (...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Karukera View Post
    In all fairness, it's not only him.
    We now have the armchair doubters coming to apologize one by one.
    Hilarious.

Liked 21 Times in 10 Posts
    I think Citroen shouldn't worry at all, according forum "experts" season starts in Mexico. Same applies to Meeke, Ostberg and Neuville. Lol

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowSon View Post
    OF course in rally sport the driver has the biggest influence on making the car look slow or fast. I am amazed how some of you worry that Citroen is weak because it does not win stages in these two rallies. Come the dry gravel Meeke will have a rally with good pace and LAtvala struggle with setup/feeling first two days, what will you say then? As Dimvi said, if Toyota #10 was in hands of Lappi, battling with Tidemand in best case scenario (worst case crash earlier than Juho) - would anyone have praised them as much as you do now?! But JML made his setup right, Tanak and Ogier could not, so goodbye go wait for the next jackpot Also imagine Ford with Ostberg and Camili again - two double podiums!?!? We would have been singing the same old song for poor private company, greedy Malcolm etc. Only thing that is certain now is that Hyundai is well refined for anything. Even if the points standings don't reveal it.
    No need to speculate on the driver’s line up; the current scene is fantastic (thanks VW Board) and we’re fortunate enough to have 4 top drivers on the 4 manus top seats. Like it was already mentioned, all of them were in max attack mode in today’s Power Stage, and the total split was pretty small: only 3s between Latvala and Meeke. We can see it as a sign that there’s a real balance between ’17 cars, even if during the whole event (just like in MC) pace differences were sometimes important.
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 782 Times in 309 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    Yeah, what an asshole that Mäkinen - makes me sick just thinking that he hired Tom Fowler and Simon Carrier for being Brits! And what's even worse, one of his three drivers have the same manager he used to have himself when he was competing. That's almost unheard of!

Seriously... if retardness was something to compete in, you'd be unbeatable.
    Yes, they only have 10 or so different nationalities in the team! How terribly nationalistic.

You should know by now that N.O.T never lets the facts get in the way of his trolling though.

5. Likes: Allez Andruet (13th February 2017),itix (13th February 2017)
    Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danon View Post
    Tommi Mäkinen "This win is dedicated to my longtime fan Greg, from Greece! Thanks for your kind words and support during the years!"
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

7. Likes: bluuford (13th February 2017),Co-FIN (13th February 2017),Franky (13th February 2017),Hartusvuori (13th February 2017),Jewy46 (13th February 2017),jparker (13th February 2017),Maui J. (13th February 2017),Micke_VOC (13th February 2017),Rallyper (13th February 2017),Sso (13th February 2017),steve.mandzij (12th February 2017)
    Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
    Corsica yes... To a degree, given that the chassis are equal. If they aren't, the one who can carry more speed through the corners win.
    Not to a degree but very much It's an event where the torque curve is hugely important, maybe most of all events (my opinion).

PS: I don't share Your opinion about Mexico and Argentina either. IMHO where there is general lack of power every bit of better power curve must be a reasonable advantage. Just have a look on R5 times in comparison to WRC in both Argentina and Mexico. Those cars have been always incredibly slow compared to WRC ones while on other events they have been mostly way closer.
    Last edited by Mirek; 12th February 2017 at 23:50.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 191 Times in 108 Posts
    I am very pleased that Meeke is progressing, and he now jumps over big rocks when leaving the road instead of smashing his gearbox on them. At this rate, the WDC is within his grasp.

But... Hyundai seems to have the best car, and Neuville is quick and Sordo is reliable and Paddon will avoid lady luck's ire eventually. I think the championships are theirs to lose... but they look strangely like they could do so. From here I don't know if Neuville will have a nervous breakdown or Hyundai will turn into the new VW.

But Ford is good (yay!). And Toyota is good (yay!). And aliens have abducted JML and replaced him with a strange new creature (yay!).

Good season ahead. Hopefully for us Citroen fans too. Eh. Ok.

10. Likes: eddy707 (13th February 2017),Leon (13th February 2017)
    Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Not to a degree but very much It's an event where the torque curve is hugely important, maybe most of all events (my opinion).

PS: I don't share Your opinion about Mexico and Argentina either. IMHO where there is general lack of power every bit of better power curve must be a reasonable advantage. Just have a look on R5 times in comparison to WRC in both Argentina and Mexico. Those cars have been always incredibly slow compared to WRC ones while on other events they have been mostly way closer.
    About Argentina and Mexico with the R5 it's because they have to breathe through a smaller restrictor. It makes sense that a lower absolute pressure forced through a smaller opening will create a bigger difference than a larger absolute pressure and the same comparison so I am not too surprised there.

However if the difference in power comes from engine internals, engine management etc etc, you'd see a smaller power gap (if we assume the reduction in power is linear for both manufactures, which we both know is not necessarily the case but still).

About Corsica, imagine the extreme case of a mustang with a live rear axle and leaf springs and all that American engineering goodness from the mid 1800's, but with a massively tuned engine at around 800 bhp, vs a Ford Fiesta R2. We both know the Fiesta will win because it has a better chassis. That's the point I'm trying to argue. Sure, if you have a better engine you might reach 5-10 km/h more ate the end of the straight, but if you lose 15 on the corner, the other car will win.

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    Because its an unprofessional team in the way the do things, from head to bottom.

we have a whole year to find out who is right and who is wrong.
    What the f**k do you imagine you know about professional anything aside from your little career as a lab-rat?
    And in particular what the f**k do you think you know about rally..
    To know means something different from imagining you know something...
    So how do you know what a professional "way to do things" is?

You don't know..NOT one thing because you are a sad, pitiful, little dreamer... You've been here YEARS and yet you still haven't driven ONE club event..

I wonder if the other people who rely on accurate procedures in the lab know what a delusional and absurd figure you are.. I would certainly worry to be working around anybody who talked such non-stop fantasy driven bulls**t.

Hey NOT, since you seem so obsessed with trying top pretend to be a man, what a man would say after all your years of insulting men who are men like you will NOT ever be, and I'm sick of your crap, I'll try helping you....A real man would say at this point :
    "Well gawd-damn...I guess I was so wrong it ain't even funny...yep totally full of sh*t..OK, Congratulations to Tomi and the whole crew. Congratulations to Latvala. And apologies to the forum members"

Try it..You obviously grew up with no clue how to be a man.. Try it..

Or just continue being NOT.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

13. Likes: Co-FIN (13th February 2017),DonJippo (13th February 2017),jparker (13th February 2017),Maui J. (13th February 2017),skarderud (13th February 2017),steve.mandzij (13th February 2017)
    Liked 846 Times in 407 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa View Post
    What the f**k do you imagine you know about professional anything aside from your little career as a lab-rat?
    And in particular what the f**k do you think you know about rally..
    To know means something different from imagining you know something...
    So how do you know what a professional "way to do things" is?

You don't know..NOT one thing because you are a sad, pitiful, little dreamer... You've been here YEARS and yet you still haven't driven ONE club event..

I wonder if the other people who rely on accurate procedures in the lab know what a delusional and absurd figure you are.. I would certainly worry to be working around anybody who talked such non-stop fantasy driven bulls**t.

Hey NOT, since you seem so obsessed with trying top pretend to be a man, what a man would say after all your years of insulting men who are men like you will NOT ever be, and I'm sick of your crap, I'll try helping you....A real man would say at this point :
    "Well gawd-damn...I guess I was so wrong it ain't even funny...yep totally full of sh*t..OK, Congratulations to Tomi and the whole crew. Congratulations to Latvala. And apologies to the forum members"

Try it..You obviously grew up with no clue how to be a man.. Try it..

Or just continue being NOT.
    In NOT's defense (whaaat?) he did congratulate Latvala and TGR. Still, he coooould admit he was wrong.

I'll be honest, as dumb and half thought out NOTs comments are, I like seeing what he has to say and effectively discussing with him. He's definitely annoying and hostile but he's ever so slightly growing on me like mold on bread.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

15. Likes: Grundo Farb (13th February 2017)