Page 172 of 182 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 1813
    Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowSon View Post
    consecutive passes - JML destroying everybody https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcUbd0G-_80
    Neuville had better pass from this point imho

2. Likes: pantealex (13th February 2017),Rallyper (13th February 2017)
    Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by onemanband View Post
    I think i misphrased my thought a little bit wrong.
    What i meant to say was that Mikkelsen was better than Latvala last year because Latvala had a slump, not because Mikkelsen improved that much (although he did improve). Now that Latvala is back on form it would be a far stretch suggesting that Mikkelsen could have achieved what he has.

Mikkelsen was 2nd on Monte last year and has lost Sweden win in last stage 2 years ago.

How is it a far stretch to suggest he could achieve the same results as Latvala did this year?

(EDITED for simplicity)
    Last edited by mknight; 13th February 2017 at 15:18.

Liked 153 Times in 85 Posts
    C'mon, Ogier has won Sweden 3 times and had nearly same road position as Tanak with the same car. Still, he didn't win any stages, with Tanak going from one best time to another. I don't think Tanak is better than Ogier overall, even more so in Sweden. So, where lies the problem? Is it just that the Fiesta was molded around Tanak and Ogier still hasn't figured out how to extract the best out of it? Is he driving safe to collect as many points as possible until he's more confortable? The last point is in contrast with his many mistakes in Monte as well as in Sweden. So, what is it?
    Last edited by smsgrafica; 13th February 2017 at 15:17.
    Viola ad oltranza...

5. Likes: AL14 (13th February 2017)
    Liked 846 Times in 407 Posts
    Neither of Latvala's performances were flukes. Rallying isn't a race where everyone needs to finish, otherwise the results are scrapped. If a driver makes a mistake and the people below benefit, those below deserve what they get.

Latvala managed MC perfectly, knowing when to push and when to back off. In Sweden, he dealt with the pressure from Tanak, got in the zone, and beat everyone at their own game under the same circumstances.

If you're so keen on flukes, Burns' and Solberg's WDCs were purely lucky then.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

7. Likes: Arnold Triyudho Wardono (13th February 2017),Hartusvuori (13th February 2017)
    Liked 846 Times in 407 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    The only "evidence" is both of them on same rallies in same car (last year). Anything else is pure speculation.

On Monte Latvala was 4th fastest in terms of speed, 3rd if we disregard Neuville that crashed. Mikkelsen was 2nd there last year (also due to Meeke crash).
    In Sweden Latvala was 2nd fastest in terms of speed. Mikkelsen lost 1st place on last stage there 2 years ago. Last year he was 2nd before a mistake that dropped him.

How is it a far stretch to suggest he could achieve the same?
    There's no denying that when looking at numbers Mikkelsen was far superior to Latvala last year. His massive slump really brought him down. What also has no denying is that Latvala has historically been better, and when he can focus like he did on day 3, he's as good as Ogier, or better.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Liked 52 Times in 31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    The only "evidence" is both of them on same rallies in same car (last year). Anything else is pure speculation.

On Monte Latvala was 4th fastest in terms of speed, 3rd if we disregard Neuville that crashed. Mikkelsen was 2nd there last year (also due to Meeke crash).
    In Sweden Latvala was 2nd fastest in terms of speed. Mikkelsen lost 1st place on last stage there 2 years ago. Last year he was 2nd before a mistake that dropped him.

How is it a far stretch to suggest he could achieve the same?
    I compared them not only for last year, because as i said, Latvala had a slump in performance and confidence. Comparing them to each other and Ogier, using him as a benchmark, from all 3 years, kind of proves my point.
    Pretty much what I meant was that nothing what we have ever seen from Mikkelsen compares to an on form Latvala, what he undoubtably is at the moment.

10. Likes: steve.mandzij (13th February 2017)
    Liked 52 Times in 28 Posts
    From this video many would say that this car is slow...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6Q2YJJQEZ8

but we know the results.

12. Likes: steve.mandzij (13th February 2017)
    Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smsgrafica View Post
    Is it just that the Fiesta was molded around Tanak and Ogier still hasn't figured out how to extract the best out of it? Is he driving safe to collect as many points as possible until he's more confortable?
    imho these are the reasons.Ogier have matured,and if he is not 100% happy with the car,will not push at his limits.He will go for the points having the big picture in his mind(championship)
    I said the same yesterday in my sum up for Sweden.

14. Likes: AL14 (13th February 2017),pantealex (13th February 2017)
    Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    Ogier just didn't have speed and he himself admitted it at the end of vargasen 2 . Looked very frustrated actually
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Still missed to get our first victory @RallySweden , but we keep pushing! 👊 https://t.co/bOFo6kmDKY