Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye Felipe

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    A fine driver but he was never up there with the best of them.

He was also a very moany driver. I've never rated him as very important for F1 and I think he has overspent his welcome. It's good his seat finally gets to go to someone more deserving.

Nice guy overall but I'm glad to see him leave and I'd wish him all the best in the future.

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    A fine driver but he was never up there with the best of them.

He was also a very moany driver. I've never rated him as very important for F1 and I think he has overspent his welcome. It's good his seat finally gets to go to someone more deserving.

Nice guy overall but I'm glad to see him leave and I'd wish him all the best in the future.
    I think his biggest weak point was a lack of consistency. On his day, he has proved a competition for the best on the grid. Also, most people attribute the radio silence rule to what appears to be a heavy reliance of Massa on Smedley who appeared to openly coach Massa on occasions.

But massa's record is to some extent diminished from what it actually should have been by team orders. We all remember the "Alonso is faster than you" call in Hockenhiem some years back. He has out qualified Schumacher, Alonso and Raikonnen on his day. He was a great team player, which is one of the reasons why he has had a long career. Brazil has always produced quality drivers, and Massa is easily among them.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Goodbye Felipe, I will always remember you in a positive light. You might not have been among the very quickest on the grid but you are/were a safe driver, a likable character and overall, a credit to the sport.

All the very best in whatever you decide to do after F1.

Adios!

The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Shame to see him go, but it's time to be brutally honest. He was never the same following the 2009 crash.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Bye bye Felipe. had a good career. One of the most unlucky not to have been world champion in 2008.

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    Nice guy but with a wife and family to consider drivers tend to look at safety and become no longer competitive .
    Had to toe the line at Ferrari ,and as said after the accident where he was in the wrong place at the wrong time ,and suffered a head injury he has not been the same since. I saw Rob Smedley auction one of Filipe,s race suits for charity and how small Filipe actually was

Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    It'll be interesting to see who's going to fill Massa's seat at Williams next year.
    Prior to this week-end I would have thought Button or one of the Force India drivers, but apparently they are staying put and Button will remain at McLaren, though not as a race driver.
    Personally, I'd love to see Wehrlein in that car (he's definitely too good for Manor), and with the Williams-Mercedes connection, it's not entirely unrealistic.
    Or the other Felipe (Nasr) is bringing some money to race for the team where he was already a test driver.
    I don't really see them bringing back Di Resta.
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I've never rated him as very important for F1 and I think he has overspent his welcome
    If his engine hadn't clagged in Melbourn in 2008, he'd have finished 7th and picked up 2 points.... and been World Champion.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Or if Glock had just held on in those last corners. So to dismiss him as not very important is a bit off.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    If his engine hadn't clagged in Melbourn in 2008, he'd have finished 7th and picked up 2 points.... and been World Champion.
    There's always so many if's and but's with Felipe or with any season. What matters is what was and he wasn't good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    Or if Glock had just held on in those last corners. So to dismiss him as not very important is a bit off.
    Again an if only xyz happened, but that's irrelevant. He hasn't been important for F1 since 2008. He has been a waste in any seat he has been in since 2009. It's nothing personal I have against the guy, he's a nice chap, but he should have gone a long time ago.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 5th September 2016 at 14:46.