Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Vettel was the donkey of the first turn. While under normal racing conditions he has the right to his racing line, on the first turn of any race that was an extremely optimistic turn-in. Granted, Verstappen's inside dive was also too optimistic, and it is not clear that even without Vettel's help whether there would be no collision between him and Raikkonen. Raikkonen ended up being the meat and the victim in this first turn three car sandwich. As a result, all three cars that were going into the turn end up finishing the race on relatively modest positions. What was supposed to be a very promising race turned out to be a relatively dull affair, with fairly predictable result.
    Last edited by zako85; 28th August 2016 at 16:44.

2. Likes: AL14 (28th August 2016),Mia 01 (28th August 2016)
    Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory View Post
    With best tyre availability and a circuit that will reward the Merc power and where overtaking is a cinch don't be surprised if LH gets second.
    Ok not second but pretty damn good - especially as the bet I made was for both Mercs to finish on the podium at 5/2 - 75 quid profit banked made it a very satisfying afternoon. Now to watch the race on catch up tonight!!
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts
    Isn't it about time that F1 started with accumulated grid penalties (for engine changes and etc) so if a driver do what Merc/Ham did this weekend, they can currently
    do allot of changes during one GP, start last in one GP and then all penalties are gone. So each time a driver gets a grid penalty, it should be added to a grid penalty pool.
    So if a driver does two engines changes and one gearbox, those penalties should be carried over from one race to another until the driver has cleared all grid penalty points.

I.e. if Hamilton gets 40 grid penalty points, he would clear 23p this weekend but would still have 17points to clear in the next GP, so if he would get PP in the next GP.
    he would get moved downed 17 places to 18th and then (unless more changes is made) he would start at the actual qualified position.
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BleAivano View Post
    Isn't it about time that F1 started with accumulated grid penalties (for engine changes and etc) so if a driver do what Merc/Ham did this weekend, they can currently
    do allot of changes during one GP, start last in one GP and then all penalties are gone. So each time a driver gets a grid penalty, it should be added to a grid penalty pool.
    So if a driver does two engines changes and one gearbox, those penalties should be carried over from one race to another until the driver has cleared all grid penalty points.

I.e. if Hamilton gets 40 grid penalty points, he would clear 23p this weekend but would still have 17points to clear in the next GP, so if he would get PP in the next GP.
    he would get moved downed 17 places to 18th and then (unless more changes is made) he would start at the actual qualified position.
    We already had that (or something quite similar to it), and it was shelved because it was deemed too confusing.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory View Post
    Ok not second but pretty damn good - especially as the bet I made was for both Mercs to finish on the podium at 5/2 - 75 quid profit banked made it a very satisfying afternoon. Now to watch the race on catch up tonight!!
    Well played!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Vettel was squeezing Kimi , who he thought had beaten Max to the inside .
    He wouldn't have seen Max on the other side of Kimi's car , and wouldn't have known he was squeezing both of them .
    Kimi is the only one of them that knew where all three were in this situation , but , being ahead , had no obligation to back out .

So , in my eyes , that first corner was a racing incident .

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    I support Ferrari but I think Verstappen did nothing wrong in the first corner.

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    I want a race ban for Mad Max!!!!

10. Likes: easy rider (28th August 2016),Warriwa (28th August 2016)
    Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    I am a Vettel fan, but Turn 1 was his fault. As zako85 put it, extremely optimistic turn-in at a race start. Granted, you may not see everyone in your mirrors, but if you are not sure you have cleared everybody behind you, it is wiser to leave some room.

Milder blame on "Mad Max", who was pretty likely to hit Räikkönen in T1 even if Vettel had not existed there.

Other than that...Needless to say, I have been a great admirer of Verstappen Jr as well, but his racing is... too much on the limit. I appreciate that he has found a way around regulations and defends in a way which is hard to penalize. From that point of view he reminds me the greats of Senna and Schumacher, who were on the ultimate limit as well. But on the flipside as Kimi put it, it is only a matter of time before Max has a major crash with this driving. In Hungary I thought Max' defense against Kimi was awesome, but this time in Belgium it was too much...

Shame 'The Hulk' is never able to get onto the podium... Even on good days the podium somehow eludes him.
    Last edited by jens; 28th August 2016 at 21:14.

12. Likes: truefan72 (29th August 2016),Zico (28th August 2016)
    Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    I support Ferrari but I think Verstappen did nothing wrong in the first corner.
    You surely couldn't say that about Max's actions on the Kemmel straight, defending against Raikkonen. It was an extremely hair brained, and dangerous moved on his part.

14. Likes: Mia 01 (29th August 2016)