Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts

Ocon Replaces Haryanto at Manor

I have to admit, I feel kind of bad for Rio Haryanto. Against the highly (or over) rated Wehrlein, I think he was respectable. It's just hard to judge someone in a Manor. But he wasn't a clown or dangerous on the track. I hope that things work out for him. Now, on to Ocon vs. Wehrlein. Pascal needs to pull ahead, if he's to retain the title of "Toto's Little Prince" - which sounds creepy as hell to me, by the way.

"Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 58 Times in 27 Posts
    maybe its about money and not talent i think if you have good sponsors you get a better chance for the poor teams.

Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
    Useless stat department: Ocon becomes the first Formula 1 driver with a surname beginning with O since Danny Ongais last appeared in 1978. Feel free to use that stat yourself, on the off-chance anyone finds it interesting
    https://wordpress.com/stats/insights/stugrovesf1.wordpress.com

4. Likes: N4D13 (12th August 2016)
    Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    Its all about the cash And Haryanto or his sponsors money was not forthcoming
    A pity as I though he kept his nose clean and was not shown up by his team mate ,who is supposed to be the next big thing after sliced bread
    Just how many pay to race 8 or 9?

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    I won't lose my sleep or shed any my tears over this.

Sounds like Manor has offered him the reserve driver role, which I suppose takes Rossi out of the picture at Manor now.

Now let's see how Ocon does against Wehrlein. If he dusts Wehrlein off, then I'd say that Pascal is overrated and he and Haryanto were more equal than not. But if Ocon is evenly matched to Wehrlein by the end of the season, then that makes me think that Haryanto is in the same league as both Pascal and Esteban.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Sorry I am late to the party guys.

I feel for Haryanto. I felt he had done a decent job against Wehrlein who despite what anyone thinks of his ability has scored a point this season.

I saw Ocon at the Silverstone test recently though and he seems a talent of sorts. Look forward to seeing how he does. Its always a challenge making your debut at Spa.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

It seems that Ocon's arrival provided the kick in the pants that Wehrlein needed.

Or... or... or... would Haryanto have kept the gap to Wehrlein closer than Ocon? Hmm.

I know. It's very early days. But still, it's fun to ponder.

Liked 1,075 Times in 601 Posts
    Good. I hope Ocon can do better than Rio.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

I'm just pulling for Manor to hold on to 10th. If they could score at least 1 more point, I think that would be fantastic. I'd really like to see Wehrlein and Ocon each score a point by the end of the season, but I know that's a big ask.