Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Brc 2017

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Remind me guys is there a drop score in the BRC championship this year?

The field certainly thinned out significantly for this round. I think the tight turnaround with Ypres is something they'll try to look at next year.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

2. Likes: AndyRAC (9th July 2017)
    Liked 1,244 Times in 676 Posts
    The trip to Ypres is a definite plus, but the quick turn around is probably not the best for a lot of potential entrants. Do you drop this event, which would be a shame as it's a mixed surface event?

I hate to be negative, but I think IMS need to up their game on the promotion side; I know they had some signage in and around Builth Wells, but they do need to do more. Whilst on the ranges yesterday, the phone signal wasn't brilliant - so keeping up with the event wasn't easy. At British Championship level, a 'Rally radio' type of coverage is badly needed.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

4. Likes: tommeke_B (9th July 2017)
    Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    Ypres was true disaster for BRC - too many crashed cars...

Liked 9,310 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post

The field certainly thinned out significantly for this round. I think the tight turnaround with Ypres is something they'll try to look at next year.
    Yes 6 scores count for Championship points and must include the final round.

7. Likes: Simmi (10th July 2017)
    Liked 9,310 Times in 4,938 Posts
    I heard something like that on the highlights programme but I cant believe any of the driver's believed they were going to be superior in Ypres.

I certainly didnt expect them to beat the locals or the other's with more experience, like Bouffier and Neuville.

The number of crashes by BRC driver's showed they were pushing too hard to try to match those guys who were really in a different class.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    I hate to be negative, but I think IMS need to up their game on the promotion side; I know they had some signage in and around Builth Wells, but they do need to do more. Whilst on the ranges yesterday, the phone signal wasn't brilliant - so keeping up with the event wasn't easy. At British Championship level, a 'Rally radio' type of coverage is badly needed.
    I can't remember the last time I was on Epynt with so few spectators either, it was almost like they hadn't promoted it locally. We walked into the last stage and weren't sure that we were even in the right place because there was genuinely no one else around.

We also made comment about rally radio, seems to be a dying tradition. Years ago it was quite common to have something for the whole event that you could tune into and listen to updates and driver interviews. Guess that the advertising isn't there to fund it any more.

Anyway. Another high attrition event on Epynt, Ahlin looked in a different class yesterday so not at all surprised that he took it after Pryce dropped out.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 31 Times in 23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Yes 6 scores count for Championship points and must include the final round.
    Where does the bit "and must include the final round" come from. I can't see it mentioned in the set of regulations in front of me but then I am only the person responsible for calculating the points.
    Tynemouth Computer Services http://www.tynecomp.co.uk

Liked 31 Times in 23 Posts
    For most of the categories it is best 6 scores (out of 8). Two wheel drive and ladies is best 4 scores.
    Tynemouth Computer Services http://www.tynecomp.co.uk

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Liddle View Post
    For most of the categories it is best 6 scores (out of 8). Two wheel drive and ladies is best 4 scores.
    Thanks Martin. Seven round championship though right? What's the eighth score?
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Thanks Martin. Seven round championship though right? What's the eighth score?
    Mid-Wales I'd guess was included at the time the regs for the championship were set out. So in theory there's only one score to drop.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.