Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344

Thread: Brc 2017

Liked 110 Times in 52 Posts
    Oh, no! I feel really sorry for Fredrik now. Keith deserves the title as well, but I hoped that this ends differently .

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Liddle View Post
    Not me doing the sorting out; your commendation should go to David James, Ted O'Day, John Findlayson, Fiona Moir and several other people who have all worked several very long days and nights.
    And the rest of the team on the Island - Sue Fisher, Robin & Pauline Boyett, Bob Milloy, Anna McColl, Neil Moir, Monica Findlayson & John Tarrant who have been inputting data, colecting time cards & issung results updates to competitors.

Liked 85 Times in 54 Posts
    Congrats to Keith but part of me wonders if it would have been better for the future of the BRC if Ahlin had won. Thats two wins in a row for M Sport so the pressure will be on Kalle next year if the rumours come true. Just hope the general interest in the championship continues as numbers were a bit low entry wise on this rally.

Liked 3,141 Times in 1,716 Posts
    Exciting conclusion to the season but scoring made way too complicated with two rounds, four legs, Jokers and times possibly given back.

Im happy for a Fiesta win over Skoda here in GB and Ahlin only has himself to blame for not tying it up.

5. Likes: AndyRAC (17th September 2017),pantealex (18th September 2017),the sniper (17th September 2017)
    Liked 459 Times in 230 Posts
    Its probably good thing that MSport car did win it.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

7. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (Yesterday)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Exciting conclusion to the season but scoring made way too complicated with two rounds, four legs, Jokers and times possibly given back.
    So propose a simpler way to do it but still give enough incentive for crews to enter a relatively expensive final round. Rally Isle of Man had 159 miles of stages compared to 60 miles on Round 1 so ahving some extra points on offer doesn't seem too unreasonable.

I wasn't a fan of last seasons Joker system where points were doubled. This year with a maximum of 5 Joker points on offer I think it adds a talking point to the Championship without unduly detracting from the sporting side.
    Tynemouth Computer Services http://www.tynecomp.co.uk

Liked 3,141 Times in 1,716 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Liddle View Post
    So propose a simpler way to do it but still give enough incentive for crews to enter a relatively expensive final round. Rally Isle of Man had 159 miles of stages compared to 60 miles on Round 1 so ahving some extra points on offer doesn't seem too unreasonable.

I wasn't a fan of last seasons Joker system where points were doubled. This year with a maximum of 5 Joker points on offer I think it adds a talking point to the Championship without unduly detracting from the sporting side.
    Its not wrong the way the Ch'ship was designed as such, and I guess its all good when the points are worked out.

It's just while the event is in progress that fans were trying to see who was going to win as the points were tricky to work out as it went along.
    The Incurable Enthusiast