Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Brc 2017

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Bodes very well does that. All those different stage winners. Five of the stage wins taken by less than a second too.

Just makes me wish the events were longer with this level of competition. Less than an hour of rallying but there we go. Short but sweet.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

2. Likes: AndyRAC (18th March 2017)
    Liked 31 Times in 23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Just makes me wish the events were longer with this level of competition. Less than an hour of rallying but there we go.
    All the other events will be longer; the Border Counties only came into the championship very late and when most of the event planning had been done. Even then I doubt that BRC could give a guarantee about the size of the entry so less mileage than the Championship would have liked.
    Tynemouth Computer Services http://www.tynecomp.co.uk

Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts

Liked 9,258 Times in 4,912 Posts
    Last edited by Fast Eddie WRC; 19th March 2017 at 12:03.
    #M-SPORTER

6. Likes: Rally Power (19th March 2017)
    Liked 1,243 Times in 675 Posts
    Looked to be a good event, if already stated a little short. Promises some good action for future rounds. Couldn't get up to the Borders, so could only follow it online, mainly Twitter. I hope in the near future, that all BRC events will have live radio coverage.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

I have to admit after following & video watching some of the Belgian, Italian & Irish Championships this weekend, the BRC is lacking some excitement & glamour.
    OK so it was shortened event but there is still something lacking that these other series seem to have.

I guess its the lack of 'big names' and guys that have been around for years building up a following. Last year we had Elfyn Evans as the man to beat that everyone knows, but this year they all seem a bit lacking... either in history, or being genuine prospects for a big future in the sport.
    #M-SPORTER

9. Likes: Archie Gillaine (21st March 2017)
    Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    I have to admit after following & video watching some of the Belgian, Italian & Irish Championships this weekend, the BRC is lacking some excitement & glamour.
    OK so it was shortened event but there is still something lacking that these other series seem to have.

I guess its the lack of 'big names' and guys that have been around for years building up a following. Last year we had Elfyn Evans as the man to beat that everyone knows, but this year they all seem a bit lacking... either in history, or being genuine prospects for a big future in the sport.
    The grass always looks greener on the other side. I know a few Irish guys looking longingly at the amount of competition in the BRC. Would be interested to know what the Belgians, Finns, Italians, Czechs etc on the forum think.

Certainly no glamour to be had in a muddy forest. Less fans too. But the driving talent is higher than a lot of championships. Events are the biggest issue for me. Very little prestige in the rallies now, and the ones that do have history are massively watered down. But that's the world we live in now.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

11. Likes: Archie Gillaine (21st March 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    The grass always looks greener on the other side. I know a few Irish guys looking longingly at the amount of competition in the BRC. Would be interested to know what the Belgians, Finns, Italians, Czechs etc on the forum think.

Certainly no glamour to be had in a muddy forest. Less fans too. But the driving talent is higher than a lot of championships. Events are the biggest issue for me. Very little prestige in the rallies now, and the ones that do have history are massively watered down. But that's the world we live in now.
    Looking at the bigger crowds at the other Championships events, that part isnt in question. Maybe some of the coming rallies might be better in that respect.

As for the driving talent, then its harder to compare... but apart from the top 2 or 3 drivers there didnt seem a lot of great speed on show on the Border videos.
    On the Spa Rally vids there were many drivers looking really committed, even in the awful conditions. Plus they have the Porsche's which gives another thrill we seriously lack here.

And as for other nationalities opinions (like on the forum), there appears very little if any. Perhaps that says it all...
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 484 Times in 248 Posts

Not sure about that, to me it seemed to fall perfectly in line as a national championship event. Lack of coverage of the nighttime stages unfortunately, but it's a new event in a championship that has been nowhere for a long time.

Really excited about the competition this year; in Bogie, Pryce, Cave (if he can pull a full season), Cronin and Ahlin there are five genuinely strong contenders, and Greer, McCormack, Fisher and maybe a few others can give them a run on some rounds. I'm a bit disappointed about the lack of Vauxhall in the Juniors, but there's still a healthy selection of R2s in there too.

Event-wise, you'd expect this round to be the 'smallest', the Pirelli, Ulster and Manx are all classics and Ypres is a fantastic event in every sense of the word.

Gutted I can only do the second day at the Pirelli next month (hopefully the i20 is still in it by then!), but I'm looking forward to following the championship.

As a recent re-converted rally fan, this is the first year I've paid national championships much heed in a long while, so can't speak for the depth of other series, but it seems to me that it's in a similar state to the Belgian and Italian ones and certainly more competitive than the ones still allowing WRC cars.
    aka Rodger Davies

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    I have to admit after following & video watching some of the Belgian, Italian & Irish Championships this weekend, the BRC is lacking some excitement & glamour. OK so it was shortened event but there is still something lacking that these other series seem to have. I guess its the lack of 'big names' and guys that have been around for years building up a following. Last year we had Elfyn Evans as the man to beat that everyone knows, but this year they all seem a bit lacking... either in history, or being genuine prospects for a big future in the sport.
    From outside BRC is looking to be on the right track. Maybe an ex-works driver, like Abbring in Belgium, or a young star, like Rovanpera in Italy, is missing to help getting general media spotlights, but overall the drivers quality and the events diversity is great and the series are again a benchmark in Europe’s rally scene.

Btw, why was British and Irish Rallying separated from European National Rallying sub-forum? It almost looks like a Brexit premonition…
    Last edited by Rally Power; 20th March 2017 at 14:12.
    Rally addict since 1982