Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Brc 2017

Liked 827 Times in 374 Posts
    It's about a R2t I think Osian Pryce has to drive an R5. 2wd Would be a step back for him.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

Liked 490 Times in 250 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dodge33cymru View Post
    MH Motorsport, Osian Pryce and BRC have an announcement today. Related? Or am I thinking wishfully? The driver and team did Rally GB together last year...
    2+2+2=873

Very wishful thinking

https://www.msabrc.com/news/josh-mce...es-junior-brc/
    aka Rodger Davies

Liked 9,353 Times in 4,968 Posts
    I have to admit the new season entries isnt looking too promising compared to Ireland and some other European countries.

And the loss of the Mid-Wales event didnt make a good impression.
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    I have to admit the new season entries isnt looking too promising compared to Ireland and some other European countries.

And the loss of the Mid-Wales event didnt make a good impression.
    I think while numbers are down - we'll actually get a far more entertaining championship at the sharp end. Four Skoda guys are all capable of fighting for wins. M-Sport know this and I'm sure by Border Counties there will be at least 5 drivers you can put in that bracket. Last year realistically there was one guy in Elfyn. With Ahlin able to pick up a few of his scraps.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 76 Times in 34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    I think while numbers are down - we will actually get a far more entertaining championship at the sharp end. Four Skoda guys are all capable of fighting for wins. M-Sport know this and I'm sure by Border Counties there will be at least 5 drivers you can put in that bracket. Last year realistically there was one guy in Elfyn. With Ahlin able to pick up a few of his scraps.
    Agreed Simmi, could be a very close battle for the championship and show who has the goods and who hasn't.
    What's everyone's thoughts on who's going to the be pace setter??

I'm thinking Ahlin will be the goods, with McCormack the biggest surprise/most improved pace
    NZ Rally Car Database - nzrallycars.weebly.com

Fair point on the competition aspect but just two makes isnt great to watch.

I think Ahlin will be pretty dominant as long as he doesnt try too hard and make silly mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Fair point on the competition aspect but just two makes isnt great to watch.

I think Ahlin will be pretty dominant as long as he doesnt try too hard and make silly mistakes.
    Not seen any evidence yet Ahlin has the consistency to dominate. I guess that's what will make this year interesting. He also has a new car to get used to. Like Bogie he's fast but somewhat erratic.

Wouldn't surprise me if Desi also bags at least a win this year - especially if Cave isn't doing it. Genuinely I think it's far more intriguing this year. Okay it would be nice from a speccy point of view to see all these different R5 cars. But if we know a guy like Cronin is more competitive in a Fiesta than he is in a DS3, then I'd rather see him in a car that isn't going to constantly let him down.

Close competition is good for fanatics watching the stage times but the average fan (either live or on TV) wants to see variety...

Liked 490 Times in 250 Posts
    Agree that the competition could be good this year, but my concern is the number of people apparently leaving the top class without anyone seemingly stepping up to it.

I know it's not quite that simple and these things can take a while to develop and hopefully there'll be interesting round by round entries, but fingers crossed.

The BRC couldn't have had a better advert for itself than its champion from last year winning stages in the WRC this year either!

Either way, you're right that it could be a good year to follow for a close title fight. And Ypres should be fun!
    aka Rodger Davies

10. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (25th February 2017)
    Agreed - would have been very cool to see another young Scandawegian talent arrive in the R5 class. Dmack are certainly giving young drivers some great opportunities on the world stage which takes away a few possible entrants.

Looking back there was a lot of variety at round 1 last year: https://www.flickr.com/photos/949985...h/25571972966/