Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior View Post
    I wouldn't discount what you're saying about how some drivers may feel about Verstappen's antics, Nitro. But Rosberg is in a close fight for the WDC. Neither he nor Hamilton should be taking the time to school Verstappen or anyone else right now. There's too much at risk. And compared to Verstappen, Nico's been engaging in at least as many dodgy maneuvers lately too. So by doing what he did, he risked a crash (potentially costing himself a DNF... or injury) or at the very least, a penalty. In either case, he was giving away points which didn't need to be given away, and for no real reason. He should have been able to get around Max and just get on with the program. He has the smell of desperation surrounding him now. He may get his head on straight before it's too late. But he's gone back into that choking phase that we've seen from him over the past couple of years. Lewis is ahead now, not just because he's been winning, but because Nico has been playing the donkey by throwing away points with needless, dodgy driving.

If he loses this championship, after being ahead by 43 early on, I think we should have a Donkey of the 2016 Season vote. And I think Nico would have earned the title in blazing fashion. I'm anxious to see which Nico shows up after the summer break.
    Well said Jag, but Verstapenn is very hard to get by, his aggressive defending calls for aggressive overtaking. Rosberg knew that and picked his moment well. This is my main reason for not appreciating the punishment. It was simply racing at the ragged edge; aggressive defending meet aggressive overtaking with no contact, should not be punished, simple. Otherwise, Verstapenn would be a moving amco barrier on the track every race day.

That said, you are quite right that Rosberg has not driven with his head this season.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 4th August 2016 at 09:04.

2. Likes: Mia 01 (4th August 2016),N4D13 (5th August 2016)