Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Total bore fest.

Hamilton started well and won with as little effort as possible and Rosberg never challenged.

I too thought there was little in the way of outstanding performances. I will vote for Fred. Alonso was very good today.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    I think Raikonenn deserves that accolade. He drove a fantastic race from 14th at the start to 6th.
    Räikkönen for sure. Solid drive and strategy by Ferrari, even though he couldn't get by Max the Swerve.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    A lot of solid drives today really, and it's hard for me to pick a driver of the race. Sure the race could have been more exciting, but tracks without many passing opportunities often create races like this. And more than a few good moves regardless, and some solid defending.

I'm still on the fence about that first move by Max that ended up damaging Kimi's wing, but for the most part he showed he won't crack under pressure and knows how to make the car wide without pushing the rule too far.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Jensen Button.
    Why? For a remarkable display of calm.

I think that he should have just sworn a streak across the sky. Being given a penalty when quite obviously the car had a problem and was demonstrably unsafe, is utterly ludicrous.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    Kimi, his best race this season so far!

6. Likes: airshifter (26th July 2016)
    Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    A lot of solid drives today really, and it's hard for me to pick a driver of the race. Sure the race could have been more exciting, but tracks without many passing opportunities often create races like this. And more than a few good moves regardless, and some solid defending.

I'm still on the fence about that first move by Max that ended up damaging Kimi's wing, but for the most part he showed he won't crack under pressure and knows how to make the car wide without pushing the rule too far.
    If everyone on the track start to drive like that, there would regular crashes on race weekends. Waiting to defend at the last moment after the attacking driver has made a move is asking for someone to crash into him. The Raikonnen crash into Verstapenn was completely unavoidable. In certain circumstances, it could have been much worst. And there was the double change of directions, which is simply not how it is done. I don't think that is great defending or driving. It is not much different to Rosberg's defensive move at Spain that caused the Mercedes wipe out.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 25th July 2016 at 15:57.

8. Likes: Mia 01 (26th July 2016),Zico (25th July 2016)
    Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    If everyone on the track start to drive like that, there would regular crashes on race weekends. Waiting to defend at the last moment after the attacking driver has made a move is asking for someone to crash into him. The Raikonnen crash into Verstapenn was completely unavoidable. In certain circumstances, it could have been much worst. And there was the double change of directions, which is simply not how it is done. I don't think that is great defending or driving. It is not much different to Rosberg's defensive move at Spain that caused the Mercedes wipe out.
    The rule of thumb has always been one move is defending your position and two moves is blocking. That is the way it should be enforced. I saw two moves.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    It was at the very edge of being allowable , but the first move was deemed a defensive move , and the second , his move to take his line , which , while fully ahead , was his right .

Kimi misjudged it .

11. Likes: yodasarmpit (25th July 2016)
    Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    It was at the very edge of being allowable , but the first move was deemed a defensive move , and the second , his move to take his line , which , while fully ahead , was his right .

Kimi misjudged it .
    Once you have made the first move you don't get a second.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post

Kimi misjudged it .
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y18HS1EK_OM
    It appears in the video that Kimi actually got caught out by Max's deceleration into the corner!
    May the forza be with you