Page 281 of 318 FirstFirst ... 181231271279280281282283291 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,810 of 3180
    Liked 311 Times in 117 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
    According to himself at the stage end interview, he knew. It seems reasonable to me that he'd have that in his notes but I don't speak enough French to know.

Maybe he remember without notes... That or he is lying, but you have to admit he has an amazing ability to steer clear of obstacles even on the rare occasions he goes off...
    Don't forget that, these places are like his garden, he know perfectly each meter of these road. Ogier could drive the same way without note here.
    "C'est une triste chose de songer que la nature parle et que le genre humain n'écoute pas" (Victor Hugo)

2. Likes: itix (22nd January 2017),Mintexmemory (23rd January 2017),steve.mandzij (22nd January 2017)
    Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by René View Post
    Don't forget that, these places are like his garden, he know perfectly each meter of these road. Ogier could drive the same way without note here.
    Yep! Very likely. Still, he does avoid obstacles almost every time he goes off so he definitely must be doing something differently.

I don't believe in luck!

Liked 49 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tc10a View Post

Thanks
    Supporting Ogier in the WRC & Ferrari in F1 & Ducati in MotoGP.

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Lefevre:
    1. He slides out on one of the first corners of the rally
    2. He ruins the car when trying to get out (check the vid, seems totally his fault tbh)
    3. ok on friday driving safe in tricky conditions
    4. On saturday he had issues in the morning, but in the afternoon he was consistently slower that Breen in 16 car on mostly dry stages.
    I repeat he is a rookie. Solberg and others also burnt the clutch in their late years. This kind of gearbox is very difficult.

4. Must I enumerate all the people who were consistently slower than Breen this week?

Citroen surprisingly slow, not a single good time. Especially, considering all the "video-hype" on this forum beforehand.
    The hype rose mainly after one endurance test of Meeke, he was obviously not putting effort but some people got caught by how stable it looked (without direct comparison).

Liked 3,797 Times in 1,983 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowSon View Post
    4. Must I enumerate all the people who were consistently slower than Breen this week?
    I can do it for you.. the number of people in 2017 cars consistently slower than Breen in stages 11-13 on dry tarmac is ..... 1 = Lefevre

7. Likes: steve.mandzij (22nd January 2017)
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Yep! Very likely. Still, he does avoid obstacles almost every time he goes off so he definitely must be doing something differently.

I don't believe in luck!
    Ogier said that when they took notes, they gave this corner an optimist speed knowing there was a field on the outside of the corner. But the information was not in the notes.
    Last edited by Puyan; 22nd January 2017 at 13:35.

9. Likes: A FONDO (22nd January 2017)
    Liked 1,136 Times in 609 Posts
    According to himself at the stage end interview, he knew. It seems reasonable to me that he'd have that in his notes but I don't speak enough French to know.

Maybe he remember without notes... That or he is lying, but you have to admit he has an amazing ability to steer clear of obstacles even on the rare occasions he goes off...
    i can believe he remembered it, but i don't believe it was in his notes since there was nothing special about that corner.

you only describe what the road's like , and what could hurt you on the edge of the road (gravel, don't cut, full cut, don't go wide, ...).
    they don't add notes like "wide field on exit".

Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Btw. Neuville had a "don't go wide" type of note on the place he went wide.
    that was a beautiful example of a corner that needed that note.

Liked 1,885 Times in 738 Posts
    Tanak just made it back
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

12. Likes: itix (22nd January 2017)
    Liked 16,102 Times in 6,990 Posts
    one photo a thousand words.

Last edited by dimviii; 22nd January 2017 at 13:41.

14. Likes: Jerra (22nd January 2017),Rallyper (22nd January 2017),steve.mandzij (22nd January 2017)
    Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    Luckily there was snow in the last sector. Had it been dry Tänak would have been done for. After all the crap he at least deserved that bit of luck.