Page 111 of 318 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 3180
    Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Morte66 View Post
    It is eerie how the commentators just talked over the crash without mentioning the accident. So easy to not see it, even though it was right in front of us. I just saw Paddon wandering around and wondered if he was a bit shocked by the crash. I was watching it and I didn't realize there was the person on the ground until I looked at this thread after the stage was cancelled. The second commentator was even askign why they didn't right the car and carry on.
    I knew something was wrong by the way that there were people crowding around on the other side of the car. Was a bit surprised that they showed a few replays as looked obvious to me that something had happened. Not surprised that Desborough and his pal didn't spot it though, you could slap Jon in the face with a 14 inch rubber cock and he would realise until you'd showed him 8 slo-mo replays.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

2. Likes: er88 (19th January 2017),Fast Eddie WRC (19th January 2017),OnlyRally (19th January 2017),smokingjoe (19th January 2017)
    Liked 846 Times in 407 Posts
    [QUOTE=satukata;1121146]
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    To what? The spectator? I have, of course. I was just checking what the verdict was on the times, since there was no news on the poor guy. And being a massive Latvala fanboy it hit me hard.

Where are you from Latvala fan? I´m big fan too!!]
    Argentina! Last year I was gutted when he rolled in the lead of my home rally I don't really know why I like him so much, but I do

For those who might still think I'm oblivious to the spectator's accident, I'm trying to liven up the conversation.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Liked 132 Times in 69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danon View Post
    NO, it's just an illusion, the person is already up and rolling...
    From this angle i dont think its possible for the guy to be thrown up the bank if that is him we are seeing as the car is practically over the top of him or the object whatever it is

5. Likes: A FONDO (19th January 2017)
    Liked 380 Times in 185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kirungi okwogera View Post
    Didn't Mikkelson have a similar tragedy with a young girl early in his career?
    Yes, in Norway. He went off and hit a 10yo girl.

It's selfish of me as a fan but I hope Paddon and Kennard find it in themselves to continue on the path they're on. Sometimes this kind of thing happens and a driver can't commit 100% anymore. With such a talent I hope that won't be the case.
    Agreed. He's one of the best drivers in the world (and strikes me as one of the nicest guys you could meet) at the moment but assuming he continues it's the kind of thing that effects how you drive.

8. Likes: steve.mandzij (19th January 2017)
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts
    It's selfish of me as a fan but I hope Paddon and Kennard find it in themselves to continue on the path they're on. Sometimes this kind of thing happens and a driver can't commit 100% anymore. With such a talent I hope that won't be the case.

Yes, Mikkelsen hit a child who died in a Norwegian rally back in 2009

Liked 266 Times in 170 Posts

Bruno thiry had tragedy with young girl in finland too

Quote Originally Posted by wia5958 View Post
    From this angle i dont think its possible for the guy to be thrown up the bank if that is him we are seeing as the car is practically over the top of him or the object whatever it is
    He's not in the photo. The video you can see that he falls after that screenshot was taken.

Liked 846 Times in 407 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jparker View Post
    In that case why are you surprised? The times posted are the actual times. Latvala crossed the finish line 8 min late because of the accident.
    I was confused, that's all. I'm not new to the WRC but this is the first time I follow an event so closely. I hadn't understood the results posted. Cut me some slack, okay?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Liked 23 Times in 8 Posts

Yes. 2009 Rally Larvik in Norway.