Page 199 of 318 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209249299 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 3180
    Liked 782 Times in 309 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    Women can have opinions too about motorsport, its just that nobody cares what they think.
    I didn't know you were a woman.

2. Likes: dupanton (21st January 2017),itix (21st January 2017),jiipee64 (21st January 2017),peter_85 (28th January 2017),steve.mandzij (21st January 2017)
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    I didn't know you were a woman.
    i am not kid, thats why you reply, you care.

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    i am not kid, thats why you reply, you care.
    You aren't ???!!!
    Then what explains the P-PMS
    ?
    (that's permanent PMS)
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

5. Likes: jiipee64 (21st January 2017)
    Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Why isnt the Press Conf on the live stream ?
    Cause the poor guy is dead
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 846 Times in 407 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by USER47 View Post
    I am watching it now and some of the commentary is a bit awkward, as if the commentator can't decide between simple recapitulation of events and pretend "live" commentary. There are day 2 highlights cut together, and he talk over the footage like "at the beginning of the day, Meeke was doing well, blah blah blah, and as you can see, he is quick, OH NO, HE IS DRIFTING AND CRASHING, this could be end for him!"

I mean wtf, everyone knows it's just a prerecorded footage commented on afterwards, the guy doesn't have to pretend what a suprise for him it was seeing the crash.:-o
    Pretty sure it's always been like that. Search any 2009ish crash on YT and it'll be just the same. I personally like it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Liked 1,530 Times in 658 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    Pretty sure it's always been like that. Search any 2009ish crash on YT and it'll be just the same. I personally like it.
    Yeah I can see why people wouldn't like it, but I think it works. I've always preferred Paul King's well done faux surprise to John Desborough awkwardly setting you up for an incident. That might just be because I prefer Paul King full stop though...

I really like the voice and style of the guy who last year did the voiceovers for review videos on Elfyn Evans You Tube channel (which somewhat ridiculously had more coverage than the official BRC channel...): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pHizFzDiXg IIRC this guy was the BBC's Rally commentator in the late 90's, though I don't know his name unfortunately.

Anyway, I'm going off topic...

Aside from the tragic incident on Thursday obviously, the rally has been great so far. I don't know how I could follow a rally without this thread/forum, so thanks all!

9. Likes: steve.mandzij (21st January 2017)
    Liked 22 Times in 13 Posts
    My first Monte ... really amazing, a dream coming true.

Very sad for the death of a rally fan and independently from the circumstances of this tragic accident, we need really as fans to help the organisers ensure the security, I've seen very stupid things.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Liked 227 Times in 119 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by USER47 View Post
    I am watching it now and some of the commentary is a bit awkward, as if the commentator can't decide between simple recapitulation of events and pretend "live" commentary. There are day 2 highlights cut together, and he talk over the footage like "at the beginning of the day, Meeke was doing well, blah blah blah, and as you can see, he is quick, OH NO, HE IS DRIFTING AND CRASHING, this could be end for him!"

I mean wtf, everyone knows it's just a prerecorded footage commented on afterwards, the guy doesn't have to pretend what a suprise for him it was seeing the crash.:-o
    This problem is not new, but it is nonetheless a cancer that needs to be removed. It started with Paul "PK" King, doing excruciating "live" commentary over pre-recorded footage, much as you describe. At best it is embarrassing, at worst, it is, well, just total shit. In my opinion, it stems from having commentators who have no real knowledge or understanding of the sport, who lack a basic grasp of when, where and how rallies are won and lost, and are therefore unable to recognize the patterns or rhythms of each event, instead just talking shite about "Oh no! He's drifting!". It's really tragic stuff.

12. Likes: mm1 (21st January 2017)
    Liked 145 Times in 88 Posts
    I liked the redbuul show, yes a bit to much focus on the top drivers thats true.
    But last year they had the rights to do something whit wrc, then we saw nothing. Now this is very good for starters i think.
    Also, Webber was anounced as comantator, wilson was expert. I find it good they let someone like Webber get a taste of WRC, think he is really in to rallying after this weekend.

14. Likes: steve.mandzij (21st January 2017)
    Liked 222 Times in 101 Posts
    We are at around 2 km from the start of ss9, the road is absolutely dry, the temperature is around 3°. Looking forward to this beautiful day for rallying, personally I think that Ogier can take some time out of Neuville. Let's hope that Tanak can keep his pace too and set some decent times through the stages.

Sent from my X17 using Tapatalk

16. Likes: A FONDO (21st January 2017),dimviii (21st January 2017)