Page 295 of 318 FirstFirst ... 195245285293294295296297305 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 3180
    Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    This driver can also be satisfied with his Monte:
    http://www.ewrc-results.com/driver_i...nte-Carlo-2017

2. Likes: René (23rd January 2017)
    Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    In the stages everytime he passed it seemed to be in a stadium. He deserved of course all the cheerings.

Btw I've been impressed also by this guy Astier, is he a young guy? He was fearless and clearly faster than others of his class. I think we will hear of him again.
    Astier - WRC test in heavy rain https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwB8opgkXZQ
    His own channel in YT https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvF...Wgh6jYQ/videos
    biography http://ewrc-results.com/profile.php?...Raphael-Astier preferrably RWD which is probably the right choice to grow up

The yellow-pink old Clio was 100% committed EVERYWHERE, can't believe he's only 20.

4. Likes: AL14 (23rd January 2017),Hartusvuori (23rd January 2017)
    Liked 124 Times in 64 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mozesii View Post
    To the person who called Toyota a village team, eat humble pie
    To the person who claimed that their grandma had more balls than Evans, you need to show yours now
    To N.O.T. its obvious that you are an authority on rallying and you are also very condescending
    To all on this forum, you have grown into the best resource of live information. Plus you are very educative. You are wrc.com, reuters, facebook, redbulltv combined. This group and its access to info is the best thing that has happened to wrc in ages. In some wrc events, I have been an assistant CoC, CRO or some other fancy title. It was the only time I ever had had real-time access to independent information, until now. What you guys did last weekend was exactly what FIA/WRC needs.

Many thanks to you all.

I hope the same will happen throughout this year.
    Hmmm...

Might have to disagree with some of that.

Given timezones I was always playing catchup to the comments on here but after reading them all I have to agree with one post I think from GravelBen where he said "a lot of stupid being posted on here".

I guess as N.O.T says some of you are "kids" and susceptible to premature ejaculation but the first full day of rallying at Monte Carlo is a bit premature to start bagging people or blowing others out of all proportion.

Patience grasshoppers.

Also, there was a large number of posters who couldn't make up their minds and in the words of Russell Brands ex wife "changed their minds like a girl changes clothes". One minute Evans didn't deserve a car and he was a waste of skin with only compromising photos of Malcolm Wilson being waved around by Gwyndaff Evans that got him a seat (I embellished that bit). Then he sets fastest times. One minute people can't believe he is so slow, next minute they can't believe the tyres are that bad then they can't believe how good the tyres are in the right conditions.

Then Hannenen is amazing and on-fire and so surprisingly good but crashes at the same time Lefevbre and Meeke do but they are useless dogs. They have no excuse and Matton is such an idiot for not giving some guy from Norway a seat whose name escapes me but I think rhymes with Tickelsen. He is awesome as he is smashing the awesome R5 drivers with a long pedigree in factory R5's and are all champions. We all know he is a good driver but please, we don't need to hear it every 15 minutes...

Neuville went from being stunning and so precise to being a mystery who can't handle the pressure of being 1 minute in the lead of a rally.

i could go on but my hair hurts thinking about some of it.

Personally the only things people actually seemed to get right were;
    Sordo was slow
    Breen was great
    Tanak was unlucky
    Ogier was very lucky
    Paddon will feel terrible
    Toyota/Latvala were lucky

It was an entertaining rally, but for some reason this rally brought out some very silly flippy floppy comments.
    Last edited by Grundo Farb; 23rd January 2017 at 14:08.

6. Likes: AL14 (23rd January 2017),dupanton (23rd January 2017),EightGear (23rd January 2017),Mk2 RS2000 (23rd January 2017),RS (23rd January 2017)
    Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    I don't think we've seen anything close to the potential of these new cars yet. Breen and the WRC2 crews didn't seem much further back than I would have expected if the field was made up of 2016 WRCs.

Overall Monte was a little disappointing for me. Great to see MSport win again (shows what a difference the driver makes in rallying) but there were no close battles particularly and the live tv was missing something maybe because of this.

WRC2 as often with big gaps and drivers cruising after one day.

I wouldn't want to draw much conclusion about the cars yet other than the Ford and Hyundai are clearly decent. I still think Citroën hasn't shown it's cards yet.. terrible rally for them (Meeke's accident didn't make a lot of difference in the end when he was taken out again twice afterwards)

A special word for Ogier though, moving teams and still delivering the goods straight away. But also his sympathy for Neuville and Tanak, he was quite compassionate. I still don't get why some people here hate him so much.

Looking forward to Sweden where hopefully we'll start to get a clearer picture of how the cars stack up.

8. Likes: A FONDO (23rd January 2017)
    Liked 1,474 Times in 573 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowSon View Post

The yellow-pink old Clio was 100% committed EVERYWHERE, can't believe he's only 20.
    He was slower than Astier in an R2 on all stages bar one on thursday, friday and saturday (I think Astier had a puncture). Only on sunday he was faster.

Quote Originally Posted by dupanton View Post
    He was slower than Astier in an R2 on all stages bar one on thursday, friday and saturday (I think Astier had a puncture). Only on sunday he was faster.
    I don't give a fuck about the times, could you not realise it?

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grundo Farb View Post
    One minute Evans didn't deserve a car and he was a waste of skin with only compromising photos of Malcolm Wilson being waved around by Gwyndaff Evans that got him a seat (I embellished that bit). Then he sets fastest times. One minute people can't believe he is so slow, next minute they can't believe the tyres are that bad then they can't believe how good the tyres are in the right conditions.
    I watched some of his onboards, on snow he seemed fast enough, but for a boat. I can give all that credit to the tyres.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 1,131 Times in 605 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartek View Post
    no he doesn't. 20 years ago spectacular and fast driving could be combined, but nowadays not anymore.
    scandinavian flicking and sliding all over the place may be appealing to the crowds, its neither a fast nor a safe way to drive.

unless, pleasing the crowd was his goal off course.

13. Likes: dupanton (23rd January 2017),steve.mandzij (23rd January 2017)
    Liked 105 Times in 53 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tc10a View Post
    Whats all this artificially hype of this "ouhla-lui"?
    Nice videos, but nothing special. Way better filmed videos from Monte out.
    I like lots of fan videos, but for me personally I have a special place in my heart for this dude who can't hold back his emotional responses... good driving gets a OUUU JOLIE or MAGNIFIQUE, spins and offs get SANGLIER. Like, he knows he's making videos to compete with the serious (and seriously talented) types on youtube, but he can't shut up because he's too excited. I like that.

15. Likes: dimviii (23rd January 2017),dupanton (23rd January 2017),steve.mandzij (23rd January 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by kirungi okwogera View Post
    I like lots of fan videos, but for me personally I have a special place in my heart for this dude who can't hold back his emotional responses... good driving gets a OUUU JOLIE or MAGNIFIQUE, spins and offs get SANGLIER. Like, he knows he's making videos to compete with the serious (and seriously talented) types on youtube, but he can't shut up because he's too excited. I like that.
    As I said, we've got plenty enough silent videos whose uploaders you forget after 2 minutes. Ouhla lui is a nice exception of the herd.
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    no he doesn't. 20 years ago spectacular and fast driving could be combined, but nowadays not anymore.
    scandinavian flicking and sliding all over the place may be appealing to the crowds, its neither a fast nor a safe way to drive.

unless, pleasing the crowd was his goal off course.
    Same here, of course it's not the fastest way, nobody said that. We've got enough scared guys in FWD, but this Tibo is not only brave but he directs the car very skillfully, it's not only useless flicks to get attention.

17. Likes: steve.mandzij (23rd January 2017)