Page 303 of 318 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303304305313 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,030 of 3180
    Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    Full stage in original sequence if you want to compare whose left foot is heavier https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5DgPleZRiE at 7:30 No. 101
    Last edited by A FONDO; 24th January 2017 at 10:52.

2. Likes: dimviii (24th January 2017)
    Liked 1,091 Times in 489 Posts
    To everyone who still doesn't understand Evans' pace during the entire rally. Welcome to the world of DMACK!
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

4. Likes: EstWRC (24th January 2017)
    Liked 222 Times in 101 Posts
    Here’s my impressions from our trip to rally Monte Carlo:
    Organisation – it wasn’t bad despite Paddon’s tragic accident. Organizers were much stricter and there were many places forbidden for public that weren’t in previous years. Of course there were some bad placed people during the rally and some drunk French guys yielding to Mouton when she stopped to tell them that it’s a forbidden place. It’s not easy to control such huge crowd but I personally think that they have done a good job.
    Cars – looking and sounding really nice. The 4 carmakers are very close to each other in terms of speed, maybe Hyundai has some small advantage as Neuville was very fast and confident. Nice job for Toyota, they hadn’t any major problems with their cars during the weekend.
    Drivers –
    1. Ogier is Ogier. Very smart driving, was fast and clean on spots that we were watching, maybe some bit of luck in a couple of situations but managed to win the rally in his first outing with Ford.
    2. Latvalla – a bit surprised with his result. He was a bit over the place, did some small mistakes but let’s hope this result will be a boost for his confidence.
    3. Tanak – fast and clean, problems with the car otherwise he would be 2-nd
    4. Sordo – nowhere the other guys.
    5. Breen – fast with the old car let’s see what he can do in the new C3 in Sweden.
    6. Evans – showed some good pace with Dmack, would be interesting if he could challenge the other guys on some rallies suiting Dmack tires .
    7. Neuville – very fast and obviously confident in the car, stupid small mistake cost him the win. Can be a real treat to Ogier this season.
    8. Hanninen – did some very good stage times and I think he has done a good job considering he hasn’t compete for a few years now. As a main test driver for Toyota he’s feeling good in the car and he was able to set better times than Latvalla on some stages.
    9. Meeke – really disappointed with him. Last year in the old DS3 he was fighting with Ogier , and this year with the brand new C3 developed mainly by him, he was near nowhere in terms of speed. There’s two possibilities – the car’s not fast or he wasn’t comfortable with the setup of the car. Let’s hope it Is just setup issues and he can find his speed in next rallies.

Overall we have enjoyed the rally and can’t wait Sweden to start.

6. Likes: A FONDO (24th January 2017),Allez Andruet (24th January 2017),bluuford (24th January 2017),dimviii (24th January 2017),EstWRC (24th January 2017),juho (24th January 2017),sindroms (24th January 2017),WRC1 (24th January 2017)
    Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    Rage82, agree with comments except the last. Yes, Meeke was a disappointment this rally, but to say that the Citroen is a lot slower than other cars is a bit premature. Kris was at the sharp end (2nd) until he slid wide, and while he didn't set any scratch times he was there or there a bouts, and said that he didn't feel comfortable in the car.
    His rally 2 results are largely to be ignored, no point risking further damage given his position, better to gather data.
    Sweden will be a better indicator of Kris/citroens performance level.

8. Likes: Jewy46 (24th January 2017)
    Last edited by A FONDO; 24th January 2017 at 11:24.

Liked 2,836 Times in 1,610 Posts
    To me Evans performance in RMC is a mystery. How can the difference be so big between legs as for him? Have it ever happened to a top driver doing such massive divergence in driving? Same car same tyres?

I´ll wait a couple of rounds until honouring him a top ten WRC driver level.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

11. Likes: steve.mandzij (24th January 2017)
    Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    I was bored last evening and played around in a spreadsheet a bit and calculated the difference per kilometer compared to the stage winner for each stage separately. This removes stage length from the equation but to me it shows the "raw pace" on each stage. I also made an average of these differences and a ranking based on that. The average is less relevant to the "real time" classification because the pace on all stages has equal importance to the average regardless of length but I think it can show some things about the raw speed potential.

I removed the last stage from the average per rally because that was much affected by weather and I removed data that was affected by mechanical problems but not the driver mistakes. So here are some interesting things:

1. Evans had the best pace since SS9 on average. In real-time he was 0.2s slower than Ogier on all of the stages on Saturday but that's because Ogier had a smaller advantage over longer stages while Evans had a bigger advantage on shorter stages.
    2. On SS12 the stage before he crashed Neuville had his slowest pace from all of the stages so far, by some margin. Maybe he started to backed off, relaxed and lost focus? In the post stage interview he said "I have the snow tyres this afternoon. This morning we were on slicks. It was the safe choice. We have a good lead, but we have to be clever." Maybe i'm over analyzing :P
    3. Latvala was on average the 4th fastest, slightly faster than Sordo. He had 6 stages where he was under 0.5s/km slower than the winner and 4 more where he was under 1s/km slower. However, Meeke and Breen were not far behind, I'm pretty sure Meeke could have outpaced him and Breen was just 0.260s/km on average slower in a 2016 car.

I dunno, maybe it's a silly thing to look at but the results fit some of my intuition/feeling.
    Last edited by seb_sh; 24th January 2017 at 12:07.

13. Likes: AL14 (24th January 2017),cali (24th January 2017),dimviii (24th January 2017),Jewy46 (24th January 2017),Lundefaret (24th January 2017),Micke_VOC (24th January 2017),stefanvv (24th January 2017)
    2. On SS12 the stage before he crashed Neuville had his slowest pace from all of the stages so far, by some margin. Maybe he started to backed off, relaxed and lost focus?
    He never backed off, he just began leaving the road more and more often until he finally binned it.

15. Likes: Mintexmemory (24th January 2017)
    Liked 2,836 Times in 1,610 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seb_sh View Post
    I was bored last evening and played around in a spreadsheet a bit and calculated the difference per kilometer compared to the stage winner for each stage separately. This removes stage length from the equation but to me it shows the "raw pace" on each stage. I also made an average of these differences and a ranking based on that. The average is less relevant to the "real time" classification because the pace on all stages has equal importance to the average regardless of length but I think it can show some things about the raw speed potential.

I removed the last stage from the average per rally because that was much affected by weather and I removed data that was affected by mechanical problems but not the driver mistakes. So here are some interesting things:

1. Evans had the best pace since SS9 on average. In real-time he was 0.2s slower than Ogier on all of the stages on Saturday but that's because Ogier had a smaller advantage over longer stages while Evans had a bigger advantage on shorter stages.
    2. On SS12 the stage before he crashed Neuville had his slowest pace from all of the stages so far, by some margin. Maybe he started to backed off, relaxed and lost focus? In the post stage interview he said "I have the snow tyres this afternoon. This morning we were on slicks. It was the safe choice. We have a good lead, but we have to be clever." Maybe i'm over analyzing :P
    3. Latvala was on average the 4th fastest, slightly faster than Sordo. He had 6 stages where he was under 0.5s/km slower than the winner and 4 more where he was under 1s/km slower. However, Meeke and Breen were not far behind, I'm pretty sure Meeke could have outpaced him and Breen was just 0.260s/km on average slower in a 2016 car.

I dunno, maybe it's a silly thing to look at but the results fit some of my intuition/feeling.
    So Evans to become 2nd in WDC then?
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    So Evans to become 2nd in WDC then?
    haha, yes if the rest of the championship is composed of short, fast, tarmac stages. Oh wait, it's not

18. Likes: Rallyper (24th January 2017)