Page 301 of 318 FirstFirst ... 201251291299300301302303311 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,010 of 3180
    Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Over 300 pages for a rally... is this forum record ?!

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    hard to see with that stupid smoke, but i think breen braked a little with his left foot, while neuville and evans didn't touched the brake pedal.
    cant see thetail lights lighting,also gas pedal is floored from engine sound,and no antilag noise.
    Probably few less km/h from 2017 cars

Liked 124 Times in 64 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    I have a hard time deciding if Hanninen's crash was unlucky or if he went in too fast.
    By definition he was going too fast. If he was slower he would have had more control.

Was he unlucky to be going too fast? Now that's a different question.

Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts
    Got back today from an incredible time in the south of France - new cars, mixed weather and surprise performances helped create a top quality week/weekend of rallying! Delighted for M-Sport and Ogier for the win, although it was perhaps one of the more fortunate ones after Neuville threw away what would have been a well-deserved and potentially quite easy win. Top performances and speed from Evans, Tanak and Breen too, as well as Mikkelsen and a fascinating debut from Toyota who performed much better than I'd expected.

SS3/6 was a beautiful stage to visit around St Disdier, and Savournon is one of the most beautiful spots to watch rallying in the world. Save for SS16 being cancelled while we had a top viewing spot on Col St Roch, it was the perfect rally for us to spectate! Not even -14 degrees and a huge amount of awful driving from spectators on the access roads ruined it!

Anyway, for those interested here are some photos from the event - certainly think the new cars are more photogenic! https://flic.kr/s/aHskMxpn4Q

5. Likes: Mintexmemory (24th January 2017),smsgrafica (24th January 2017)
    Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    I can not understand, why people say that Monte is not a real rally, but a lottery. This is what rallying should be about, adapting to changing conditions, endurance combined with speed.

I do agree, that it is a rally, where we can not know what performance differences really are, sweden will give a better indication. But hats off to Toyota for making a car that had very little mech issues in their first rally. Latvala was good as he is when he has no pressure of winning. Sur they were lucky with position, but that is part of the sport. To finish first, first you have to finish.

Citroen disaster, hope not an indication of things ti come. The more cars are up to it, the better season we will have

7. Likes: dupanton (24th January 2017),pettersolberg29 (23rd January 2017),Rally Power (24th January 2017)
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by COD View Post
    I can not understand, why people say that Monte is not a real rally, but a lottery. This is what rallying should be about, adapting to changing conditions, endurance combined with speed.
    For those kids who don't know the history, first rally actually happened in Monte Carlo 116 years ago.
    Last edited by stefanvv; 23rd January 2017 at 23:10.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pettersolberg29 View Post
    Top performances and speed from Evans..
    Nitpicking here and off course it's impossible to know exactly how much difference tires made, but loosing 8 mins in 6 stages by driving (and 3 mins to an R5 car) does not qualify for "top performance" in my eyes.

Liked 40 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by COD View Post
    Monte is certainly a lottery, with so many conditions possible, and so many actions needed to allow for the changes. But it certainly is a real rally, and one unlike all of the others, which is its value.

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Nitpicking here and off course it's impossible to know exactly how much difference tires made, but loosing 8 mins in 6 stages by driving (and 3 mins to an R5 car) does not qualify for "top performance" in my eyes.
    "Speed" is for stages 9+, "Performance" is for the whole rally. The Jury has decided he is on 6th place.
    Last edited by stefanvv; 23rd January 2017 at 23:25.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

12. Likes: Grundo Farb (24th January 2017)
    Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    Forgot that i could just check Breen vs Lefebvre, so 0.7 sec pr/km then on ss15