Page 22 of 318 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Yes, they worked very well together but personal reasons for Raigo, mainly two ones: too much time away from home and his wife is expecting a child. It was his decision to quit and i know that Wilson didnt like this at all. I think why Wilson didnt like this at all is the same fear that many rally fans in estonia now have, Tänak may loose his stability and the crashes may come again.

I have lowered my expectations as well for Ott, i dont think he will crash but i think it will take a couple of rallies for him and Järveoja to make things work. If Raigo had stayed then i would had very very high hopes for this season but now lets say i have just HIGH hopes without two very-s
    Mikkelsen and Jæger got a 2nd in their first rally together, Jæger had a couple of years experience so no excuses now
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 12,164 Times in 5,216 Posts
    no excuses for sure, i am talking about my personal expectations.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Video from test of Kopecký in CZ with a lot of snow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ635ljRLj8

The usual weird Monte stuff is in - like very slowly looking runs on wrong tyres. Also many runs with switched off or very low-level ALS.

Some story from 2010 about this strange perception of speed in Monte Conditions. We were on Col de Turini waiting for the cars to come. All the road from the start (in that time in Peira Cava) down to Turini was full snow. We drove it before start and knew the conditions well. Škodas were drifting wide and spectacular obviously on studded tyres. Then came Ogier. He drove very slowly and completely clean. It looked like somebody going to supermarket and he was loosing half a minute already after seven kilometers. What was our surprise when the times from the finish started to arrive. Ogier was half a minute faster than Škoda guys and we thought WTF? The key was that all the long downhill from Turini to La Bolléne was dry and he took asphalt tyres.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

4. Likes: Andre Oliveira (7th January 2017),dimviii (7th January 2017),leighton323 (8th January 2017),Micke_VOC (10th January 2017),nafpaktos (7th January 2017),pantealex (7th January 2017),sindroms (9th January 2017),TWRC (7th January 2017)
    Liked 5,528 Times in 2,289 Posts
    Ogier gravel crew will remain the same?

Liked 207 Times in 129 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post

. Also many runs with switched off or very low-level ALS.
    why this?

Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    Ogier gravel crew will remain the same?
    joseph still????
    fb page
    bring back acropolis rally to wrc calendar

Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    The usual weird Monte stuff is in - like very slowly looking runs on wrong tyres. Also many runs with switched off or very low-level ALS.

Some story from 2010 about this strange perception of speed in Monte Conditions. We were on Col de Turini waiting for the cars to come. All the road from the start (in that time in Peira Cava) down to Turini was full snow. We drove it before start and knew the conditions well. Škodas were drifting wide and spectacular obviously on studded tyres. Then came Ogier. He drove very slowly and completely clean. It looked like somebody going to supermarket and he was loosing half a minute already after seven kilometers. What was our surprise when the times from the finish started to arrive. Ogier was half a minute faster than Škoda guys and we thought WTF? The key was that all the long downhill from Turini to La Bolléne was dry and he took asphalt tyres.
    And that is the reason why I like Monte. But this "tyre strategy" is now more difficult not only because of not so changing weather, but also because of limits and rules for tyres per event.

8. Likes: pantealex (7th January 2017),WRC1 (7th January 2017)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nafpaktos View Post
    why this?
    sometimes when very slippery,you don't want the big push when touching the gas pedal with antilag.
    They have various stages of how hard the antilag will ''push'' but even at lower level its still pushing violently at low friction surfaces.

10. Likes: focus206 (7th January 2017),nafpaktos (7th January 2017)
    Liked 171 Times in 99 Posts

Mariusz

Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    sometimes when very slippery,you don't want the big push when touching the gas pedal with antilag.
    They have various stages of how hard the antilag will ''push'' but even at lower level its still pushing violently at low friction surfaces.
    Yep, Kubica crashed last year in Monte because he didn't switch off the ALS.

Crash of Camilli from last year's Monte could be similar case.

Quote Originally Posted by nafpaktos View Post
    why this?
    It's like Dimviii explained. It's especially bad on Monte as the wide tyres with short studs don't give a lot of grip. The throttle control over ice/snow is sometimes pretty difficult with them.