Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 LastLast
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by satnav View Post
    2nd quickest 3.41.0
    . Amazing performance on the loose gravel (while Ogier & Mikkelsen were also on the limit more or less), that was my question in general, but it was late and didn't want to write too many words.
    However there is a sign returning his mojo back at this final round, while he was almost sleeping all year. I wonder if that has anything to do with the new endeavor next year?!? Well, he still makes mistakes and destroys his tyres on long stages, but suddenly he is little more motivated?!?
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grundo Farb View Post
    Everyone has favourites I know but be objective people.
    You’re right, but do you remember seeing Paddon’s fans being objective towards Neuville? I don’t; actually during the Belgium worse times many said that Neuville was finished and Paddon was the new numero uno…

Everyone must realize that WRC drivers are fantastic drivers and all of them deserve our admiration and respect. Ups and downs are normal on their careers, but somehow they all manage to come back. I bet that even Latvala will surprise us with his future achievements!

Btw, top WRC 2 crews also should be praised. Lappi show he can be reliable, besides incredible fast; Evans took his demotion with a pro spirit and Suninen keeps wondering with his precocious champ maturity. They all deserve to get a WRC seat next year. Best luck to them!
    Rally addict since 1982

3. Likes: janvanvurpa (21st November 2016),OldF (20th November 2016),pantealex (20th November 2016),rage82 (20th November 2016)
    Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    Amazing drive by Mikkelsen, absolutely on it from the first stage to the end. Disappointed with Latvala and kinda disappointed with Ogier, Paddon and Tänak.

i really like this picture, they may have some arguments and different opinions from time to time but at the same time they are like a big family

#8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

5. Likes: pantealex (21st November 2016),RS (21st November 2016)
    Liked 105 Times in 53 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    You’re right, but do you remember seeing Paddon’s fans being objective towards Neuville? I don’t; actually during the Belgium worse times many said that Neuville was finished and Paddon was the new numero uno…

Everyone must realize that WRC drivers are fantastic drivers and all of them deserve our admiration and respect. Ups and downs are normal on their careers, but somehow they all manage to come back. I bet that even Latvala will surprise us with his future achievements!

Btw, top WRC 2 crews also should be praised. Lappi show he can be reliable, besides incredible fast; Evans took his demotion with a pro spirit and Suninen keeps wondering with his precocious champ maturity. They all deserve to get a WRC seat next year. Best luck to them!
    I agree with you about most of these things - the one thing that confuses me is this stuff about supporters of Paddon being negative about Neuville. I read this forum plenty and haven't seen this - I see no reason if you are supporting one upcoming Hyundai driver not to support the other. Plus, that'd be particularly stupid considering Neuville's results this year especially. You could maybe have claimed he had no more fight in him 18 months ago but not really since then, and back then Paddon was not in a position to be considered the same level. Can you point me to some comments like that?

Anyway it's one thing to flog guys who have had three or five or ten years at top level and have obviously shown all they can accomplish, it's another to be down on newer drivers who still have room for improvement. Neuville and Paddon both fall in that category I think.

That said, there are not enough factory seats for the number of drivers who are worth a go, and quite a few ready to step up from WRC2, which is a shame, but if they hang on in the support category another year I think 2017 will see some guys drop off/retire/go to WRX. And we will see more strong WRC2 competition.

7. Likes: Grundo Farb (20th November 2016)
    Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Amazing drive by Mikkelsen, absolutely on it from the first stage to the end. Disappointed with Latvala and kinda disappointed with Ogier, Paddon and Tänak.

i really like this picture, they may have some arguments and different opinions from time to time but at the same time they are like a big family

Rallying has always been like that. Nice to see that the spirit still exists

9. Likes: EstWRC (20th November 2016),janvanvurpa (21st November 2016),pantealex (21st November 2016),Rally Power (20th November 2016)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kirungi okwogera View Post
    I agree with you about most of these things - the one thing that confuses me is this stuff about supporters of Paddon being negative about Neuville. I read this forum plenty and haven't seen this - I see no reason if you are supporting one upcoming Hyundai driver not to support the other. Plus, that'd be particularly stupid considering Neuville's results this year especially. You could maybe have claimed he had no more fight in him 18 months ago but not really since then, and back then Paddon was not in a position to be considered the same level. Can you point me to some comments like that?
    Sorry mate, I’m not in the mood to search for thread quotes. They exist, believe me, even if, like you said, they’re stupid.

Yep, Paddon has done a great work so far and he’s still progressing; Neuville is getting back to a peak form and Sordo is a reliable point scorer; there’s no doubt Hyundai has a strong line up and their tech staff also proved it can provide a competitive car. Who knows, maybe ’17 can become Hyundai’s year!

On the youngster’s chances to get a WRC seat: if DMack gets a 2nd car and Mr. Wilson puts Cammilli on a R5 ‘diet’ (WRC2+BRC or ERC), like he did with Evans, maybe they’ll all be served. Fingers crossed!
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    points were posted here but other statistics

Event victories

1. Ogier Sébastien 6
    2. Meeke Kris 2
    = Mikkelsen Andreas 2
    4. Latvala Jari-Matti 1
    = Paddon Hayden 1
    = Neuville Thierry 1

Stage winners

1. Ogier Sébastien 70
    2. Latvala Jari-Matti 38
    3. Neuville Thierry 30
    = Tänak Ott 30
    5. Mikkelsen Andreas 27
    6. Meeke Kris 26
    7. Paddon Hayden 12
    8. Sordo Dani 7
    9. Østberg Mads 2
    = Lefebvre Stéphane 2
    11. Abbring Kevin 1
    = Camilli Eric 1
    = Breen Craig 1

Rally leaders

1. Ogier Sébastien 80
    2. Meeke Kris 45
    3. Mikkelsen Andreas 37
    4. Latvala Jari-Matti 31
    5. Neuville Thierry 17
    6. Tänak Ott 15
    7. Sordo Dani 10
    8. Paddon Hayden 6
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

12. Likes: A FONDO (21st November 2016),Rally Power (21st November 2016)
    Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    Should make decision for team bosses easy: VW drivers to choose in order:
    1. Ogier 2. Mikkelsen 3. Latvala

Me as team boss. Would take 1&2 in That order

14. Likes: pantealex (21st November 2016),RS (21st November 2016)
    Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts

Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by COD View Post
    Should make decision for team bosses easy: VW drivers to choose in order:
    1. Ogier 2. Mikkelsen 3. Latvala

Me as team boss. Would take 1&2 in That order
    I agree. My 3rd pick would be Neuville if he was available.

I've been thinking today and I don't think Meeke has progressed as much as it seems. His good drives this year have come when he had road position and that helped him enough to win, when he pushed he went off as usual... I see him as the next Solberg or Latvala, fast in some circumstances but unsafe when he pushes.

17. Likes: A FONDO (21st November 2016)