Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
    That is the saddest entry list I have ever seen
    Why are we still running this rally with so many others knocking on our doors?

Exactly!! And they had the nerve to want the final round of the WRC, when they're lucky that they even have a WRC round. It should be NZ, end of; best roads, stages in the world.
    The only place Australia should have a WRC round is Perth - anywhere else - No!

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    These two likely with local Australian cars Škoda normally uses for APRC.
    And I guess Skoda will probably pull these entries if the championship gets decided in Wales.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

3. Likes: WUff1 (22nd October 2016)
    Liked 11,151 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    And I guess Skoda will probably pull these entries if the championship gets decided in Wales.
    Quite likely so...
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    But would the entry list for NZ be much different? I don't think so.

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post
    But would the entry list for NZ be much different? I don't think so.
    Maybe not too much different. But I think the general feeling is you can overlook a poor entry if you're on fantastic roads. That said, there aren't too many drivers who are desperate to go and do Rally Australia in its current iteration. New Zealand might tempt a few more to make the journey.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Maybe not too much different. But I think the general feeling is you can overlook a poor entry if you're on fantastic roads. That said, there aren't too many drivers who are desperate to go and do Rally Australia in its current iteration. New Zealand might tempt a few more to make the journey.
    But I don't think that's enough for that to happen. It's just too expensive for privateers/smaller teams to be there, even if the stages are "better". The type of stages won't change anything unless you can afford it.

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    I'm dreaming of a comeback of New Zealand and would most likely make the trip. Sure there are some drivers who can afford it who are waiting to do it.

Liked 306 Times in 158 Posts
    Unlike some people in high places in Australia, New Zealand isn't stupid enough to want to hold a final round of any championship.

10. Likes: smokingjoe (25th October 2016)
    Liked 124 Times in 64 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    I'm dreaming of a comeback of New Zealand and would most likely make the trip. Sure there are some drivers who can afford it who are waiting to do it.
    Remember which rallies were on the bucket list of some drivers? Valentino Rossi came there especially as the roads are amazing. Last iteration in 2012 had all the privateers there when there were only two official teams. Manfred Stohl, Henning Sohlberg, Ken Block. Same number of WRC cars as Wales Rally GB.

They also ran the Possum Bourne Memorial rally with a bunch of classic cars - made the actual field very large. With AP4 now in New Zealand it would be a great field.

There are Australians who are building AP4 cars not to run in Australia but in NZ. The events are better, the competition is better and the roads are better...

12. Likes: AndyRAC (24th October 2016),electroliquid (24th October 2016),GravelBen (24th October 2016)
    Liked 248 Times in 125 Posts
    I'm literallay live in other side of the World from New Zealand, but I hope to see NZ WRC rally one day, not Australia, not Mexico, not Argentina...