Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster View Post
    Mercedes' statement read like:

"Niemand hat die Absicht, eine Mauer zu errichten."

http://www.spannersready.com/f1-arti...ff-at-brackley
    A psychological wall already is forming in the Mercedes garage. The level of on track hostility which by the way is not racing; has indicated that internal unity is no longer there. There is a clear divide and staff on each side of the garage would take sides based on their impression of what they witness. Mercedes is in a mess at the moment and clearly there are lots of emotion involved. In this sort of circumstances, objectivity begins to take a back seat in proceedings.

It is worrying that they are not showing the level of respect that a three times world champion deserves to Hamilton. I admire the fact that Mercedes treat both of their driver equally. But on acheivement basis, they are not equal. On potential basis they not equal either. Hamilton is miles ahead on both fronts. Hence, it is curious to see how the Mercedes F1 management fails to appreciate these quite stark distinctions in their deliberations of these incidents.

More specifically, why they do not provide Rosberg with the necessary advice he requires to drive this championship more productively rather than leave him to his devices; to crash his way out of the opportunity to win his first WDC. It is just ugly that the team make out Hamilton is somehow also to blame for the occurrence of these collisions.

We have seen masterly display of the act of defensive driving this season when Hamliton defended his way to win at Monaco. We saw Verstapenn do the same to Raikonenn to his first win at Spain. There also was the case of Alonso on Rosberg at Monaco, where the slower Mclaren managed to keep position successfully. Nico needs to demonstrate similar depth of skill to keep Hamilton or anyone behind. Crashing into him when he feels threatened by a pass or have lost the initiative, smacks of frustration that Hamilton has got the better of him again.

The thing is, all of Rosberg's wins this season has been without any form of challenges from any driver behind. In circumstances where he is properly challenged, he has crashed. When faced with stiff defense, he seem to lose his cool as well. We have seen many instances when he tries to pass Hamilton. but Most notable this season, was him trying to pass Verstapenn at Canada this season. He ran of the track and lost the initiative when he needed to be patient and wait for the ideal moment.

There are loads of people rooting for Rosberg to win the title this year. I have to admit, l do too. In my softness, I like to support the underdog. With two years of losing to Hamilton, it is fair to say Rosberg is the underdog. I really just wish he would focus on the racing rather than getting involved in hostilities. He would not be respected for that. But would be respected for beating Hamilton in a straight fight to win the 2016 title.

I am also the sort of fellow who would not stand for partiality of any kind.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 8th July 2016 at 07:55.

2. Likes: driveace (7th July 2016)
    Mercedes are not going to immediately issue team orders. But they would do so, as a last resort where one of their drivers violate the new stiffer rules of engagement. The punishment for violation of the rules include financial sanctions, reduction of access to technical advancements or upgrades etc. While the punishment aspect seem vaguely clear of Mercedes' attempt to clamp down on their wayward drivers, unfortunately they have not been transparent in what the new rules of engagement are.

As such they leave open the possibility that the F1 community may take a different view on their enforcement of the rules, where the application of the rule appear partial to one of their drivers. Both drivers believe they are not inhibited from racing [cleanly l hope]. This is welcomed news to us the fans. But more so, l am relieved that a fatal or injurious incident may be averted by this new rule; whatever it is.

There are many races yet to go. I am sure we shall be presented with an opportunity or two, where some sort of interpretation of the new rules will be required.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 8th July 2016 at 08:00.

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    Let's see what the British GP brings Possibly Hamilton if unhappy with what has been imposed on him will open up to the press .But Rosberg really needs to understand that just because there have been no fatalities in F1 for a while ,except for the Jules Bianci one ,that "Motor Sport IS Dangerous " and using your vehicle as a weapon is not on !

5. Likes: truefan72 (8th July 2016)
    The thing about this crashing episodes between Hamilton and Rosberg, kind of highlights where Brawn and Toto et al, appear to have fallen out of sync a few years back. Brawn was willing to apply team orders where he felt a crash was likely and one two finish was certain. Toto et al were prepared for their drivers to fight to the line even when a one two was clearly certain.

In a situation like Austria where the leading car was suffering from brake problems that could become a failure if both drivers were to continue fighting for positions, team orders would be sensible but unfair to the driver with the car capable of overtaking to win the race. But the unfairness only goes as far as both drivers racing cleanly with each other and the possibility of a senseless crash being remote. Also there is the posibility that the ailing car do not make to the end of the race as well. A tricky one this, but it worked itself out on the day didn't it?
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 12th July 2016 at 10:28.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    The thing about this crashing episodes between Hamilton and Rosberg, kind of highlights where Brawn and Toto et al, appear to have fallen out of sync a few years back. Brawn was willing to apply team orders where he felt a crash was likely and one two finish was certain. Toto et al were prepared for their drivers to fight to the line even when a one two was clearly certain.

In a situation like Austria where the leading car was suffering from brake problems that could become a failure if both drivers were to continue fighting for positions, team orders would be sensible but unfair to the driver with the car capable of overtaking to win the race. But the unfairness only goes as far as both drivers racing cleanly with each other and the possibility of a senseless crash being remote. Also there is the posibility that the ailing car do not make to the end of the race as well. A tricky one this, but it worked itself out on the day didn't it?
    well team orders are not initiated in a vacuum and for the past 2 years the WDC has been a competition between the 2 drivers.
    We honestly don't know what Brawn would have done. And i would think that given the circumstances, team orders to hold station would not work in this situation.
    Brawn would also be smart enough to know that the WCC is pretty much a wrap and that the notion of a marketing coup with a 1-2 finish is less effective than the 2 cars putting on a "show" and offering the audience, press and all interested with compelling viewing thus ensuring maximum exposure to sponsors anyway.

I felt that at the end of 2015 season those team orders were unnecessary and detrimental to the sport.
    Let them compete and let us enjoy the outcome, whatever it may be.
    you can't argue with results.

8. Likes: Zico (12th July 2016)
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    well team orders are not initiated in a vacuum and for the past 2 years the WDC has been a competition between the 2 drivers.
    We honestly don't know what Brawn would have done. And i would think that given the circumstances, team orders to hold station would not work in this situation.
    Brawn would also be smart enough to know that the WCC is pretty much a wrap and that the notion of a marketing coup with a 1-2 finish is less effective than the 2 cars putting on a "show" and offering the audience, press and all interested with compelling viewing thus ensuring maximum exposure to sponsors anyway.

I felt that at the end of 2015 season those team orders were unnecessary and detrimental to the sport.
    Let them compete and let us enjoy the outcome, whatever it may be.
    I agree, 2015 was very boring from that perspective. The way that the driver championship points are poised at the moment, team orders would be unthinkable in certain circumstances, as it may effectively hand the championship to one of their driver's. I think only a financial punishment may ensure that both drivers have the requisite parity to fairly compete with each other for the driver championship this season.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 14th July 2016 at 11:49.