Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    She's right , and you're right , too .
    Well technically Lewis was steering into the corner thinking he was safe in the knowledge that his teammate had remembered to turn too.

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
    Well technically Lewis was steering into the corner thinking he was safe in the knowledge that his teammate had remembered to turn too.
    Correct .
    I've said it a few times now .
    I think you get the message that we agree on this .

But , the logic goes both ways .
    It's just that in most cases where Rosberg has been squeezed , he backs out .
    The only time he asserted himself , really , in that squeeze kind of situation was in Spain a couple of years ago , and he made a hash of trying to make a point .

It's the same point he's trying to make now .

And , unfortunately , he's doing a poor job of it again .
    He needs to just come out and say what he thinks about the situation , whether it throws his team-mate under the bus or not .
    It seems obvious to me that he thinks that too often he gets squeezed out , and feels aggrieved that the reasoning accepted , at least within the team , is that the driver inside may dictate the line .

That's the reason Toto , I believe , said at first that it was a braindead move , but then moved to a more centered position of not wanting to apportion blame , and rather just not wanting them to touch any more .
    He knew exactly how the conversation would go in the debrief .

It's also why , I think , Nico isn't about to fully accept blame at all .

3. Likes: Mia 01 (5th July 2016)
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    What should Hamilton have done differently in your opinion Bagwan? He was slipping around the outside of the corner. Should he have gone straight on off track (like not many drivers do ever....) or braked to a stop or crawl waiting for Rosberg to turn?

Just interested in your opinion on this.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    What should Hamilton have done differently in your opinion Bagwan? He was slipping around the outside of the corner. Should he have gone straight on off track (like not many drivers do ever....) or braked to a stop or crawl waiting for Rosberg to turn?

Just interested in your opinion on this.
    Reasonable enough question , steve .

We have to trust Hamilton when he says he had Nico in his blind spot , meaning he couldn't see him any more , thus the decision to turn in was a reasonable one .
    And , one that is upheld in the rules .

That is true as reasonable , firstly , if he was unaware of Nico's brake issues , which , I think he stated , so we should accept it that he wouldn't have known he would be going straight through to the edge of the track .

But , as he couldn't actually be sure that he had cleared Nico , I think he rather should have just assumed his team-mate would be that desperate to keep him behind that he would run him out of room if he could .
    This is a guy who was trying to steal a win from a guy who got pole .

So what would I do ?
    I think perhaps he was too far ahead in the braking phase to go wide and take the inside on the way out of the corner , so that's not an option , I believe .

Once in the corner , Nico was never going to open the door , even though he said he thought he had left enough room , so perhaps a touch on a turn in , maybe a little lighter wouldn't be a bad gambit .

Although , making a big verbal fuss after having driven wide in avoidance and back on safely might have been enough to achieve the same effect of having Rosberg punished , as we are still talking about a fight for first on the last lap .
    The other bonuses happen to be a team happier with Lewis for his avoidance , instead of mad at both , and more chances to pass a clearly struggling team-mate with a few corners yet to go .

I'd slide through , and whine like hell that he didn't give me any room . That's how I"d win .

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts

This pic shows the racing line through the corner. Rosberg did not try to take it, even though he could have. Mia get your glasses on before you look at this.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 6th July 2016 at 10:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post

This pic shows the racing line through the corner. Rosberg did not try to take it, even though he could have. Mia get you glasses on before you look at this.
    Is that shot taken as they touched ?

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Is that shot taken as they touched ?
    Doesn't look like it, Hamilton is not turning.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Just been watching Anthony Davidsons analysis again. Looked to me like he was aiming for Lewis's front wheel.. but couldn't pull it off!

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/120...cYW03gpb1Lo1sX
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 48 Times in 32 Posts
    My very first thought upon seeing the incident was that Rosberg's intention was to puncture the tyre.

i just watched a replay of the start of last year's Austin race , and it's almost a perfect mirror image of this last incident , except that Nico backs out .