Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    I've seen stiffer penalties handed out for less
    oh well.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Pathetic penalty from the FIA. It is what is is now but that really is total utter bullshit!

I have a feeling were it the other way around the penalty would have been harsher. He should have at least gotten a 5 place grid drop for Silverstone.

Remember Schumacher in 2012 Spain incident getting a 5 place drop for Monaco. That was Schumachers fault but there was no intent. Rosberg's only intent was to not give Hamilton room and he caused the collision.

Once again, no consistency from the FIA!

Liked 84 Times in 63 Posts
    Watched the replay a few more times and Nico's line just looks really bizarre. He pretty much goes straight, and is nowhere near the apex where you would expect him to be if he was attempting to take the fastest line available to him. It's actually pretty hard to see how he wouldn't have gone off on the outside himself without Hamilton having been there to "slow him down".

Interestingly, the NBCSN commentators just said right before the incident something like "you know, for Nico, it would be better for both cars to fail to finish rather than have Lewis finish ahead".

The penalty seems far to light. What is pretty hard to interpret as anything other than a deliberate collision to gain championship advantage, and there's essentially no net penalty. I would have expected at least grid spots at the next race for that.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    At least it backfired on him, I like to think it would have been a far harsher penalty if the opposite had happened and Lewis had lost places.
    It sends out the wrong message but maybe the stewards felt his self inflicted misfortune in finishing 4th was apt and punishment enough
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 58 Times in 27 Posts
    now i have proven that a German Car manufacture wants a German to win the Championship. and Karma is a Bitch, they are defending Rosberg, i like the comentators though they summed it up very very well.

i dont see the point if you have bad brakes then you dont turn into the corner. now i see Nico is not a real racer. Good that Hamilton is keeping in Cool. he is the Best on the Grid so Far

6. Likes: driveace (3rd July 2016)
    Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    The penalty was not even a slap on the wrist,it meant nothing .A ten place penalty on the next race may have made this driver think a bit harder about his race strategy ,somebody could get killed by his stupid action !

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts

Cool

It sure is taking dj_bytedisaster a few extra minutes to get to this thread. Must be difficult to find a way to dump on Hamilton for this one.

9. Likes: Mintexmemory (4th July 2016)
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by keysersoze View Post
    It sure is taking dj_bytedisaster a few extra minutes to get to this thread. Must be difficult to find a way to dump on Hamilton for this one.
    Seb is the best ever so thats why Hamilton is at fault.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    Watched the replay a few more times and Nico's line just looks really bizarre. He pretty much goes straight, and is nowhere near the apex where you would expect him to be if he was attempting to take the fastest line available to him. It's actually pretty hard to see how he wouldn't have gone off on the outside himself without Hamilton having been there to "slow him down".
    terestingly, the NBCSN commentators just said right before the incident something like "you know, for Nico, it would be better for both cars to fail to finish rather than have Lewis finish ahead".

The penalty seems far to light. What is pretty hard to interpret as anything other than a deliberate collision to gain championship advantage, and there's essentially no net penalty. I would have expected at least grid spots at the next race for that.

Your comments are spot on. It is quite obvious Nico did not go for the apex. Looks like he drove straight instead. It is apparent that Nico doesn't really know how to fight tough but fair. You be the judge.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3c11GRAtI0
    Go to 55 seconds.
    Last edited by Tazio; 3rd July 2016 at 21:07.
    May the forza be with you

12. Likes: henners88 (3rd July 2016),steveaki13 (3rd July 2016)
    Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Rosberg in the wrong here but I'm really bored with these two morons TBH. The clumsy slower moron vs. the delusional 'hard racer' moron. I find this fight so interesting that I need to do something else in the meantime if I don't want to fall asleep

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk