Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Austrian donkey

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    TBF i think there was fundamentally a problem with Hulkenberg's car right from the start.
    I won't be surprised if there was a power unit issue that manifested itself in the warm up lap.
    It was highly unnatural for him to perform this way and the car finally gave up the ghost a few laps from the end.

Hulkenberg is absolutely deserving of a top seat and if he was in the 2nd ferrari seat, it would be well deserved.
    You would immediately see him win races or challenge for podiums with ease.
    I would sign him in that 2nd ferrari seat if i could.
    not sure vettel wants the competition.

As to Donkey's
    1. Rosberg
    2. Mercedes race strategy
    3. Williams, what happened? this was a track perfect for them.
    Perez is much better than hulkenberg and has been for a long time. If you think Nico deserves a Ferrari seat, then Perez deserves it 15 times more.
    "signature room for rent"

2. Likes: Duncan (4th July 2016),gm99 (3rd July 2016)
    Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    I'm not sure about Rosberg and Hülkenberg. In the first case, I'm waiting to see what the stewards have to say - he's part donkey at the very least, but I'd want to see whether his supposed brake issues were a large factor in the crash. As for the other Nico, you'd have to wonder whether he was driving an ailing car; it certainly looked like it.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Vettel's tyre, which decided that it didn't want to be a tyre any more. Before the race, it was sitting among all the other tyres and heard tales of its great great grandad who fought in the battle of Adelaide in 1986 and also died.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 1,075 Times in 601 Posts
    Who else?

Hulkenberg. He threw away a great starting position.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
    I'm not sure about Rosberg and Hülkenberg. In the first case, I'm waiting to see what the stewards have to say - he's part donkey at the very least, but I'd want to see whether his supposed brake issues were a large factor in the crash. As for the other Nico, you'd have to wonder whether he was driving an ailing car; it certainly looked like it.
    I will have to say Rosberg's credibility is taking a big hit right now, and I'm really tired of the Toto- Lauda-speak. Dude just tried to take The Boss out! Hulk definitely had some tire issues, but Perez seems to be driving around the same. Both cars eventually retired so I'm not sure he deserved a donkey.
    May the forza be with you

7. Likes: andyone (7th July 2016),Duncan (4th July 2016),N4D13 (4th July 2016)
    Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    I'm going with Truefan's 1 & 2.

The Mercedes strategy for Hamilton in the closing stages of this race would turn even the most rational fan into a conspiracy theorist.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

9. Likes: truefan72 (4th July 2016)
    Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    Hamilton, steering into Nico R.

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    Which race did you watch Mia ?

12. Likes: andyone (7th July 2016),henners88 (4th July 2016)
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by driveace View Post
    Which race did you watch Mia ?
    Doesn't matter. Lewis is wrong
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 84 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior View Post
    I'm going with Truefan's 1 & 2.

The Mercedes strategy for Hamilton in the closing stages of this race would turn even the most rational fan into a conspiracy theorist.

Indeed, and not just at the end. I'm still trying to figure out what the strategy was supposed to be from the start.

Hamilton stayed out for an extremely long time on the ultras for the first stint, and was giving up more than a second a lap for several laps before being called in. Combined with the botched pit stop, that handed the lead to Rosberg. Not that I'm suggesting that the slow pit stop was deliberate, because I really don't buy that, but by leaving Hamilton out for so long while his lead burned down perilously close to the pit stop delta, the strategists were counting on either

1. a perfect pit stop to give Hamilton any chance of staying in front (and it would have been close even with a record setting pit stop) or
    2. a one fewer stop strategy so it wouldn't matter

so why would you burn the lead time necessary to do that if you're planning on stopping twice anyway? Not only that, but with softs for both other stints. If that was the plan, it would have been vastly more efficient in terms of time to increase the other two stints by a couple of laps each and decrease the initial ultra soft stint by four laps. I just can't see how their strategy made any sense at all...