Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
    Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post

Spectator safety doesn't apply to media people as it has been scientifically proven that they can take a direct impact from a rally car at speed, without injury.
    ...or?

2. Likes: AL14 (2nd October 2016),Rallyper (3rd October 2016)
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dupanton View Post
    Not highly valued?? Who is better then Neuville at the moment? I bet you can't name 5 drivers!
    If You reduce the number to 4 I'll tell who they are (not that agree with it though)
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Pro hairpin photographers.

Plebs.

Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    Matton said on Belgian televesion during the Power Stage that he should be competing in Catalunya (or was it Wales, don't remember?)
    Depending on if he recovers in time surely? I know he was scheduled for at least one more event, would be great to see.

His co-driver, Gabin Moreau, is out for the rest of the year I think

Liked 1,474 Times in 573 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    If You reduce the number to 4 I'll tell who they are (not that agree with it though)
    Ogier for sure
    Meeke and Mikkelsen, I think they are on the same level. Although they've never been vice world champion...
    Latvala? Better on some rallies, worst on other. Overall, not better then Neuville.

Liked 40 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doon View Post
    Looks like another easy win do Ogier. It goes to show how much of a joke the running order debacle is. So were any of the wins, by other drivers, on gravel really justified? Probably not. This championship has become a bit of a farce, the excitement feels staged when someone wins because of road position.
    I can't agree with your conclusion. No doubt that Ogier is a champion, and in this current day he is worthy of the title. Remember though that this running order argument has only been around for a few years relatively speaking. Until recent fiddling the start order was always as seeded by the Organiser, with the fastest drivers first. Champions like Kankkunen, Makinen, Sainz, Rohrl, Biasion, Burns, all had to start at the front on every rally. Burns won a championship without winning an event. I can't see that not putting the fastest driver in the position that advantages him most creates a situation where wins are staged. More likely that putting a champion in the position he chooses for his advantage will crate a farce.

Congratulations to Seb Ogier on his win. We all knew he would win because he had the best road position under the current start rules, but ,like the champion that he is, he won it well.
    Last edited by bowler; 2nd October 2016 at 17:58.

8. Likes: GravelBen (2nd October 2016)
    Ogier for sure
    Meeke and Mikkelsen, I think they are on the same level. Although they've never been vice world champion...
    Latvala? Better on some rallies, worst on other. Overall, not better then Neuville.
    I agree with You. Neuville is in constant progress after first bad rallies this year (let's not forget 2013 also). I would even rate him as N2 title contender next year according to the results last few rallies.
    Meeke is undoubtedly the closest to the speed to Ogier, but I fear the mistakes will return next year when the fight is on.
    Mikkelsen has little less speed, but shouldn't be underestimated. He is doing well
    As for Latvala, ah well he seem just to have lost the motivation. I even wonder if he is about to compete in VW next year considering this.

EDIT: Forgot Tanak, but he needs to change the team to be serious threat, then let's see how it goes.
    Last edited by stefanvv; 2nd October 2016 at 18:22.

10. Likes: AL14 (2nd October 2016)
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post
    Fantastic to see Neuville back in great form, I never doubted he would bounce back. Really hope he gets a Citroën seat, but Breen is also worthy of a drive next year - he has been really impressive this year.

Makes you wonder what will happen with Lefebvre, though? Highly rated two years ago but now he has been unlucky with the injury and he's probably going to miss the remaining drives he was meant to do this year. With Breen impressing, I don't think he will get a drive next year(at least not full time). Cruelty, but it could turn out like that, couldn't it.
    Rally IS a cruel sport.

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    I agree with You. Neuville is in constant progress after first bad rallies this year (let's not forget 2013 also). I would even rate him as N2 title contender next year according to the results last few rallies.
    Meeke is undoubtedly the closest to the speed to Ogier, but I fear the mistakes will return next year when the fight is on.
    Mikkelsen has little less speed, but shouldn't be underestimated. He is doing well
    As for Latvala, ah well he seem just to have lost the motivation. I even wonder if he is about to compete in VW next year considering this.

EDIT: Forgot Tanak, but he needs to change the team to be serious threat, then let's see how it goes.
    For once I agree with you in all you say stefan.
    Latvala has understood his dream will never become true and paradoxically he is more relaxed now but also slower.
    Meeke is very fast but as you say mistakes will come back. Agree about Mikkelsen, Tanak and Neuville as well.

Ogier will win until he will be there. Too much different level. Shame his mother got pregnant so later. Should have done it 10 years before.

Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    For once I agree with you in all you say stefan.
    well 1 is more than 0

Latvala has understood his dream will never become true and paradoxically he is more relaxed now but also slower.
    It's not only that for himself personally, he is not motivated for the team either. That should turn on some red light.

Should have done it 10 years before.
    That's a difficult one, but then he is wrc since 2008 if I'm not mistaken, so 10 years is a bit too much time. And then the two french in 1 team couldn't agree with each other so that doesn't leave much other options with 2 teams the years before. But yeah, would be great Loeb in Citroen and Ogier in Ford.
    Last edited by stefanvv; 2nd October 2016 at 19:20.