The irony is that the majority of our immigration doesn't come from Europe, so we actually already have 'control' over that. Also if we're to have any kind of trade deal with the EU (if we leave) then it will almost certainly include allowing flow of labour....which will put us pretty much where we are now.

I think another big thing that makes people want to leave is that they feel they're being dictated to by laws from European bureaucrats who weren't elected...which isn't the case (although laws are proposed by unelected members they have to be agreed by people who have been elected...which is pretty much the same as the House of Lords system we have in the UK anyway). Also many of the people that are voting to Exit can't actually name any of the laws they supposedly don't like, or name ones that can be easily debunked. A good example was this http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...s-says-EU.html
Only if you actually read into it there is a clause which says that member states can add their own exclusions, as long as they notify the EU. Another big talking point is economics and the supposed way that we give billions to the EU, which overlooks the benefits we get in return (not leas the trade deal).

As Steveaki says it's been an unpleasant campaign, truthfully I don't think any of them really know and both sides have used a lot of spin, more than you seem to get in normal election campaigns. The in fighting within parties is interesting also, and might have repercussions, personally I wish politics was more like that though. Too often you hear ministers just giving the party line rather than their own opinion.

Anyway, hopefully we make the right choice. As you may gather I'm quite strongly in one camp, and I'm genuinely worried about what could happen, but I'm intrigued by the outcome either way.