Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wim_Impreza View Post
    I must also say that ERC is for me much more interesting to follow than WRC now and in the past years. On the Eurosport coverage of the ERC, you have coverage for all top runners and even the best Group N/R4 cars and Junior drivers, while I haven't seen one R5 car on TV in WRC2 this year in the WRC coverage. Even when a WRC2 car is in the top 10 overall before the Power Stage in the WRC, they show a WRC car that is competing in Rally 2...
    If we are talking ERC vs WRC2 I mostly agree.

There are some great drivers in WRC2, but the media coverage is near non-existent and the nature of the championship, with so many events still means your position in the championship can largely depend upon which events you choose.

I would like to see WRC2 maybe selecting 7-8 qualifying events instead of making all WRC rounds eligible and that could concentrate the entries and make for closer battles and a proper championship fight.

Liked 3,789 Times in 1,684 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    I would like to see WRC2 maybe selecting 7-8 qualifying events instead of making all WRC rounds eligible and that could concentrate the entries and make for closer battles and a proper championship fight.
    WRC events needs WRC2 field. Because on some events, without WRC2, there should be only 15 crews...

3. Likes: Hubertos (29th July 2016),pantealex (27th July 2016)
    Liked 11,150 Times in 4,426 Posts
    And there are 4 ERC regulars in Rzeszow in ERC1 so how can that be better?

Please stop lying to Yourself. The championship is anything but healthy.
    Last edited by Mirek; 27th July 2016 at 16:09.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

5. Likes: Andre Oliveira (27th July 2016),Hubertos (29th July 2016),pantealex (27th July 2016),TWRC (27th July 2016),vino_93 (30th July 2016),WUff1 (27th July 2016)
    Liked 825 Times in 373 Posts
    If Ypres is already openly complaining about ERC, that's enough proof and it's a pity..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONE E1003 met Tapatalk

7. Likes: WUff1 (27th July 2016)
    Liked 352 Times in 184 Posts
    ERC has publicity, but hardly any good regular drivers anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by WUff1 View Post
    ERC has publicity
    I would argue its not worth much anymore.

Liked 34 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Seriously?
    Yes, the champion in WRC is known already before the start of the season since 2004. What is really interesting to see in the ERC is that local drivers can still compete for a podium or sometimes even a victory. I really like the ERC Junior championship too. The Junior WRC is in a very bad position in the WRC with no coverage and even on this forum almost no one cares about it. In WRC privateers have almost never a chance to beat the factory drivers and there are only a few good privateers in WRC cars in the WRC.

I also like the fact that there are more different cars in the ERC who can challenge for a victory than in the WRC. The events in ERC are usually more nice to see (Barum, Ypres, Açores, Acropolis, Estonia... until last year Valais) than in the WRC...
    Last edited by Wim_Impreza; 27th July 2016 at 19:55.

Liked 825 Times in 373 Posts
    In WRC there should not be a privateer able to win a rally, because it's the World Championship for best drivers in the world that should be chosen by manufacture teams, if a privateer wins those teams have failed quite big.. Every factory car has challenged for the win this year (although that's because of the rules) so 4 cars, only Ford failed to win one because that stone on sunday for Tanak.. And more nice to see, yes the tarmac events are mostly nicier to see like Ypres, Barum, Rzezsowski but only Ypres I attend because it's close for me and Barum for atmosphere and they have always a good entry. Other asphalt events have not such good entry mostly. And gravel events are very nice in WRC Poland and Finland are alone outstanding none can even that in ERC I think.

12. Likes: Mirek (27th July 2016)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wim_Impreza View Post
    Yes, the champion in WRC is known already before the start of the season since 2004. What is really interesting to see in the ERC is that local drivers can still compete for a podium or sometimes even a victory. I really like the ERC Junior championship too. The Junior WRC is in a very bad position in the WRC with no coverage and even on this forum almost no one cares about it. In WRC privateers have almost never a chance to beat the factory drivers and there are only a few good privateers in WRC cars in the WRC.

I also like the fact that there are more different cars in the ERC who can challenge for a victory than in the WRC. The events in ERC are usually more nice to see (Barum, Ypres, Açores, Acropolis, Estonia... until last year Valais) than in the WRC...
    It amazes me that You can actually admire the misery current ERC is in. JERC doesn't save it and even that went down from last year's level.

I can't help myself but it looks like You stated that just out of principle rather than that you actually believe that ERC is more interesting than WRC.
    Last edited by Mirek; 27th July 2016 at 21:11.

Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    I think some people like to say they like something that's just not as good as the 'bigger brother.'

This can be anything, some people just like to do and like stuff the majority of people do and like.

Heck, people are wetting themselves when there are 6+ nice drivers on an ERC round while on WRC rounds you get loads more with a lot more skills as well.

ERC can be nice but WRC will always remain in a totally different league. Sometimes people tend to lose perspective.
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

15. Likes: Hubertos (29th July 2016),pantealex (28th July 2016)