Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,474 Times in 573 Posts
    Turans car is not completly according to homologations -> 25min penalty
    Fiesta R2s are not completly according to homologations -> €30.000 fine

Where is the consistency??

2. Likes: Leon (17th October 2016),WUff1 (17th October 2016)
    Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    If those wishbones were lighter I wouldn't say anything but 25 minutes penalty for wishbones being several gramms heavier is really tough penalty. Moreover when those wishbones were most likely original M-Sport parts. I hope they didn't need only to find anything to move Suninen in the results.
    Yeah that's one conspiracy too far for me. It would also require someone in the governing body actually caring about WRC2.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

4. Likes: HaCo (17th October 2016),Jeppe (17th October 2016)
    Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeppe View Post
    Well. I don“t believe in conspiracys..

Many people are complaining that those Fiesta wishbones broke too easily. Then someone realizes that IF we add some extra welding to wishbone MAYBE they“ll last longer. It“s not always about lighter parts
    Also possible explanation. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Yeah that's one conspiracy too far for me. It would also require someone in the governing body actually caring about WRC2.
    You are right, that was too much. Better to wait for the morning and don't write in late night next time.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

6. Likes: Simmi (17th October 2016)
    Liked 40 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dupanton View Post

There is no consistency because the penalties are to different entities.
    One penalty is to a competitor and the most effective penalty is time.
    The other is to a manufacturer who can not receive a time penalty as they are not competing directly.
    How would a competitor deal with a €30.000 fine? Who would you apply a 25 minute penalty to if it was given to M-Sport. Would you penalise all M-Sport competitors by dividing 25 minutes among them?

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bowler View Post
    The other is to a manufacturer who can not receive a time penalty as they are not competing directly.
    How would a competitor deal with a €30.000 fine? Who would you apply a 25 minute penalty to if it was given to M-Sport. Would you penalise all M-Sport competitors by dividing 25 minutes among them?
    Still there is no consistency. When exactly the same thing happened with Citroėn JWRC cars they were all given time penalties. I don't remember in which rally it happened but it was essentially the very same case as now with the Fiestas.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 1,474 Times in 573 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Still there is no consistency. When exactly the same thing happened with Citroėn JWRC cars they were all given time penalties. I don't remember in which rally it happened but it was essentially the very same case as now with the Fiestas.
    Exactly!
    Both Turan and the R2 Fiestas had reliability advantage because of non-homologated parts. Both should have a time penalty/fine.

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dupanton View Post

I think they don't give big fines to privateers, like Turan. M-Sport is a manufacturer, it looks like they are more likely to give (huge) fines to manufacturers (see Sardinia this year).

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    First of all thanks to Bluuford for his excellent weather report.

Had a nice event, pitty there was so much rain on wednesday, thursday and friday morning. It made some access roads very slippery, like ice, so more difficult to get to the stages (and to some nice places) on friday. Anyway, having no dust is nice for spectating. Tarmac action on saturday and sunday was great, everything was new for me but we found some great places. Sports-wise it was a great event, very nice agressive driving from Sordo, while Ogier was much cleaner, cutting less on most places we've seen, somehow his approach paid off. Latvala's driving was quite similar on the places we've seen. I think there are many corners that would be just as fast without cutting. All Hyundai's were doing well, but I was surprised most by Hayden Paddon, he made great progress on tarmac, I think it's fair to say he is a "complete" WRC driver now. With the driver line-up Hyundai will have next year they are a great competitor against VW for the manufacturer championship. WRC2 was a bit disappointing apart from the 2 works Skoda's. Suninen was extremely spectacular to see, pushing the car to the limit which wasn't always very efficient as he usually didn't have the quickest exit out of the corners. In FWD great action on tarmac, especially from the Fiesta R2T's, and Solans in particular. I'd like to see this become a full tarmac event again, it would be much more interesting for local drivers and for the lower categories than WRC/RC1.

A few photos:

More: https://www.facebook.com/rallyimage/...58211114190770

13. Likes: bluuford (17th October 2016),CWJ (18th October 2016),dimviii (17th October 2016),EstWRC (17th October 2016),leighton323 (18th October 2016),Mirek (17th October 2016),N.O.T (18th October 2016),pantealex (18th October 2016),Simmi (17th October 2016),WUff1 (18th October 2016)
    Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Great stuff as always Tom!
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

15. Likes: dimviii (17th October 2016),tommeke_B (17th October 2016)