Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Canada 2116

Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    RBR screw up another of Ricciardo's pit stops? C'mon!
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    Liked 156 Times in 153 Posts
    Finally-It's on!!
    This is my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    Driver of the day has to be Max for the last few laps of actually wanting and being able to defend against a faster car and frankly making Nico look a bit silly
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Reid View Post
    Finally-It's on!!
    Even though we got 2 minutes of racing and 27 minutes in interviews.

Does anyone think that Merc might be micro-detuning one car to fix the races? Funny that Nico starts losing all of a sudden after he's gotten too far ahead in the points.

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan Reid View Post
    Does anyone think that Merc might be micro-detuning one car to fix the races? Funny that Nico starts losing all of a sudden after he's gotten too far ahead in the points.
    c'mon dude. It was all racing today, no underhand stuff going on. Nico was unlucky not to be able to complete the move and paid the price by being run off the track. It was hard racing as Verstapenn also showed.

I did think that a super soft or Ultrasoft would have been a better choice of tyre for Rosberg after the slow puncture,, but he was quicker than the Redbull on the softs anyway. He probably may have passed Max easier on the supersofts. So you might say that Mercedes got the strategy wrong for Rosberg. But it was not intentional.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 13th June 2016 at 17:28.

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Unlucky for Ferrari, but it was exciting to see the Ferrari unleash its engine potential. They might have thrown to the race away today with a not so optimal strategy. But it is clear, Mercedes have to work hard to win in the future.

It is also clear that the Redbull is not as quick as the Ferrari on pure pace but quick enough to give them a hard time.

What about the Williams? Great pace, clean pitstops and great race strategy. It is beginning to look promising for the Williams Operational performance. Shame about Massa having a very rare Mercedes engine problem. There was a piece of plastic blowing about on the track. I thought it might be a nuisance to someones engine if it got sucked into the side pods of the cars. Massa probably caught one of those. Engine heating on a cold day is definitely not normal.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 12th June 2016 at 21:32.

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    What a borefest it was again.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Really enjoyed that race. Great racing throughout. It shows that an exciting race at the front doesn't have to be full of overtaking, it just needs to keep you captivated. I was really interested in whether Vettel could make up ground on Hamilton or not.

I commend Ferrari for their pitstop during the VC. I wouldn't ever criticise a team for trying something unorthodox to spice it up a little. They did that and had the VSC lasted 15 more seconds I think it could have proved a real masterstroke. Hindsight is a wonderful thing and I am not sure I'd have done the same thing in their position.

Nice to see Ferrari put it up to the Mercedes though. They have made a real step forward but the problem is while they made a step forward, Mercedes next step lies in waiting. Looking forward to Baku next week.

Driver of the race - gotta be Max and Hamilton. Neither put a foot wrong

Or maybe they just see that the engine that tests a couple of horspower shy on the dyno gets into the car of the guy they don't want to win. It was the same last year; Ham was unbeatable until he clinched the championship then all of a sudden Nico is unbeatable. That and what's happened this year is all one hell of a coincidence. The only thing that argues against it is that surely they would not be so stupid as to make it so obvious. Almost anything is possible though.
    Last edited by Stan Reid; 13th June 2016 at 00:02.