Page 1 of 72 1231151 ... LastLast
    Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts

Wales Rally GB 2016

The itinerary is out: http://www.walesrallygb.com/news/3554.php#.V06wvueLS-t

Not as bad as last year, I think I'm going back.

2. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (1st June 2016)
    Liked 9,310 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Good itinerary and selection of stages. Only disappointment for me is the lack of Service at Deeside during the days... but with the need to improve the percentage of stage miles vs liaison it was inevitable I suppose.

I've been to Cholmondley Castle several times and I think it will be a nice improvement over Chirk for the 'RallyFest'.
    #M-SPORTER

#M-SPORTER

Liked 1,244 Times in 676 Posts
    Nothing special to be honest. MNews were hyping it up, but all we got are 2 new stages; Cholmondeley plus the return of Pantperthog.

Personally, It's become far too 'samey' - the same stages, similar layout year on year - it's needs a refresh. Sadly, unless a new sponsor turns up, it seems we're stuck.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    Nothing special to be honest. MNews were hyping it up, but all we got are 2 new stages; Cholmondeley plus the return of Pantperthog.

Personally, It's become far too 'samey' - the same stages, similar layout year on year - it's needs a refresh. Sadly, unless a new sponsor turns up, it seems we're stuck.
    I think they are taking the 'if it aint broke, dont fix it' line ...

What other stages do you think they could have used ?
    #M-SPORTER

WRC.com

'The tests are classics but with a twist – they will be driven in the opposite direction to normal. Hafren and Sweet Lamb have not been used in this format since 1995 while Myherin has never been tackled this way. Pantperthog has not featured in the rally since 1997...'
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 490 Times in 250 Posts
    Works for me; the biggest disappointment for me is the lack of Thursday night stages (again, but they were special in 2013 and gave added incentive to go to Shakedown) and lack of night in general. Saturday in particular is finished in the forests shortly after noon.

I think I'll do Friday and Saturday, but because of the lack of stages on Thursday and Saturday evenings I'll give Thursday and Sunday a miss again.

Loved Myherin last year and will definitely go there again, Saturday I'll decide later; thoroughly enjoyed Gartheinog a couple of years back.

Does anyone know if the Shakedown stage was announced? I'm guessing Clocaenog again, but the 2013 stage was also excellent.
    aka Rodger Davies

Liked 172 Times in 75 Posts
    Yes shakedown is in Clogaenog again.

Cholmondely might be alright as the rally fest stage, they have a 1.2 mile Sprint course, but they could do a 2.5 mile stage or longer if they do laps, which seems most likely. Plus, they do something similar to Goodwood FoS, so they are well trained at catering for large crowds of motorsport fans. There's a brilliant pub across the road; the area is generally very good for country pubs.

10. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (1st June 2016)
    Liked 1,244 Times in 676 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    WRC.com

'The tests are classics but with a twist – they will be driven in the opposite direction to normal. Hafren and Sweet Lamb have not been used in this format since 1995 while Myherin has never been tackled this way. Pantperthog has not featured in the rally since 1997...'
    In 1994/95 Hafren was run in both directions; first run was about 9:00am and again at 4/5:00pm......

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Chink of light for the future? Chalmondley (pronounced CHUMLEE) is in ENGLAND!!!
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!