Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Before everyone gets carried away with dreams about returning to Kielder and North Yorkshire Moors, please get back to basics. Unless you fancy a championship full of stages with chicanes and sections in car parks, these regions are not suitable for the WRC. And with the 2017 rules almost here, they will be even less suitable in the future.

Liked 490 Times in 250 Posts
    Yeah, no complaints about where it is now, if it has to be in one place. Quite what they'd achieve by moving it, I don't know.

Don't think I wouldn't love to see it as a national event again though, it's missing something at the moment but so will all events with the daft modern cookie -cutter format.
    aka Rodger Davies

Liked 62 Times in 32 Posts
    Morning all,

You may have heard we've brought Rally GB back to Chester city centre...the event will be the culmination of a week long festival...please visit www.thecrw.co.uk for full details..

Hope you can join us to enjoy the spectacle.

Regards
    Bryn Pierce

Event Director

Liked 9,356 Times in 4,971 Posts
    Great to see the WRC back in Chester... brings back special memories of the RAC Rally there in my early days of following the event.

Maybe this will lead to a possible street stage held there in the future... now that would be amazing.

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Congrats on making that happen Bryn. I'm sure a lot of work went into pulling that off.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by semsem View Post
    Before everyone gets carried away with dreams about returning to Kielder and North Yorkshire Moors, please get back to basics. Unless you fancy a championship full of stages with chicanes and sections in car parks, these regions are not suitable for the WRC. And with the 2017 rules almost here, they will be even less suitable in the future.
    Excuse me but if Kielder isn't suitable for WRC then Finland certainly isn't. Chicanes are not absolutely necessary if the configurations of stages from the available roads are carefully thought through. My belief is much of the problem experienced on the Pirelli was to do with configuring the stages to enable ease of marshalling with the numbers available. For WRC many more marshals are usually available - the oldies who come for their once a year reminder of why they don't do it every week!
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    No need for chicanes, just employ boggey times in order to get insurance... makes some people happy since THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO ABOUT IT !!!! JEEEEZZZZ....

Liked 13 Times in 10 Posts
    hard to get accomadation this year with the weekend the rally is on..everyone has upped the prices

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by christy but View Post
    hard to get accomadation this year with the weekend the rally is on..everyone has upped the prices
    With a fairly stable route and the rise of sites like Booking.com I can't be the only one who is sorting accommodation around December/January time. You can cancel near enough 24 hours before you go and most places don't require you to pay anything until you arrive. No stress, no brainer.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

10. Likes: tommeke_B (5th September 2016)
    Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    In most countries the best deals can still be found on places that aren't on booking.com. Booking.com charges around 15 to 20% to the owners, if I'm not mistaken, so a lot of people still don't want to have their business on it as long as they have enough customers. Try for example on Google Maps zooming on a certain location/area you are interested in, and type "hotel" "bed and breakfast" or anything else in the search bar. That's the way I found a lot of interesting deals for many different rallies.

12. Likes: Simmi (5th September 2016),sindroms (6th September 2016)