Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CWJ View Post
    Personally I hope it will take place since I booked my flights and hotels fix
    Sorry, I thought this was Mintexmemory but he was just quoting you in the post.

Did you get your refund CWJ?
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
    So out of 3 times China was in WRC it got canceled 2 times...
    (in 2000 China was replaced by Cyprus)

Liked 1,479 Times in 844 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moto99 View Post
    So out of 3 times China was in WRC it got canceled 2 times...
    (in 2000 China was replaced by Cyprus)
    if only the ERC could contribute Cyprus to the WRC...and make it ready in time...
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 161 Times in 79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1 View Post
    Sorry, I thought this was Mintexmemory but he was just quoting you in the post.
    Did you get your refund CWJ?
    No. Nothing. But since all is paid even the visa I think about going now for sightseeing and some stage recce.

Liked 78 Times in 27 Posts
    Okay, excuse the delay as the rally cancellation caused a big disruption to my travel plans and I was offline for a while. I am actually in China and I was supposed to begin constructing the service park today with the Chinese officials.

While there is a lot of China bashing going on here and that the Chinese do not give a damn, that is not true. For the local competitors, they have been building up to this for a long time and were keen to put on a great show for the world. The CAMF, the organising body is also under incredible pressure to perform well from the local competitors. Who by the way are not just the average man in the street but more likely wealthy business people which powerful influence within China.

As such, the local media has savaged the Rally China organisers just as much as the international media has. There have been TV interviews, print and web articles all being critical of the way this matter was handled.

Now to play devil's advocate too, the FIA and the WRC Promoter has to shoulder some of the blame too. The Chinese proposed the event to be held in Zhangye, Gansu but the FIA/WRC refused and insisted on it being held in Beijing. This effectively tied one hand behind the back of the local officials, because of the lack of gravel roads forcing it to be a fly-away tarmac event, lack of support from the local government who were not enthusiastic about the demands needed for hosting the event and even lack of support from local competitors who did not like it as a Chinese Rally Championship round. Imagine if all the European rounds of the WRC had to be hosted in their national capital, it does not take a genius to understand that would not make for a great event, thus we have Rally Poland in a tiny village hours away from Warsaw, despite the marketing disadvantage. China was never given this luxury.

Add to all of this, the weather and road damage, which also forced the cancellation of several European football teams to cancel pre-season tours in China too. My train from the APRC in Zhangye was affected by the rain damage, being rerouted and rescheduled, despite being on the opposite side of the country and the damage being already a month old.

Now, I am about to head back to Hong Kong and fly back to Australia, two weeks earlier than scheduled but that is how life goes. For those still intending to head to China despite the cancellation, the De An Motorsport team will be hosting a mid-season test day on September 11 instead of Rally Beijing, with the Prodrive built S6 VW Golf.
    Happiness is using the side windows more than the windscreen

In reply to being asked what 240Kph on Watagans Road was like:-
    \"Wait till I check my pants, I didn\'t know whether to sh#t myself or orgasm!!!\"

6. Likes: AL14 (27th August 2016),dimviii (27th August 2016),focus206 (27th August 2016),Jeppe (28th August 2016),leighton323 (28th August 2016),Mirek (25th October 2016),pantealex (29th August 2016),Rally Hokkaido (31st August 2016),Rally Power (31st August 2016),Simmi (27th August 2016),traxx (29th August 2016)
    Liked 9,356 Times in 4,971 Posts
    Rally China is unlikely to make the WRC calendar in 2017.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/126820

Seems the 'damaged roads' wasnt the reason for 2016's cancellation, but an excuse as I suspected.
    Last edited by Fast Eddie WRC; 25th October 2016 at 15:58.
    #M-SPORTER

8. Likes: tommeke_B (25th October 2016)
    Liked 40 Times in 18 Posts
    The manufacturers, french especially, wanted an event in China more than the Chinese did. It was lucky the weather provided an excuse that allowed a saving of face.

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Rally China is unlikely to make the WRC calendar in 2017.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/126820

Seems the 'damaged roads' wasnt the reason for 2016's cancellation, but an excuse as I suspected.
    Phew!! So Rally Oz can go back to September and NZ (or Turkey) could take the previous Rally France weekend, vacated by th move to April
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    No VW no China
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"