Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 100th Indy 500

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    I wonder how much of the winner's purse and Rookie of the Year winnings Rossi's contract lets him keep.
    He sure doesn't get to keep it all.
    Andretti and Herta will be splitting the lions share.

TG had a Vision. A seriously flawed vision.

What's TG up to theses days to make a buck?
    Last edited by Nem14; 1st June 2016 at 00:58.
    The secret to winning races: More Throttle, Less Brake.

McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    Liked 156 Times in 153 Posts
    40% is the traditional driver take.

I think TG is probably off running Clabber Girl.
    Last edited by Stan Reid; 1st June 2016 at 02:32.
    This is my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    I don't like the idea of counting other people's money, but it certainly seems fair that the rest of the team, the engineers, the mechanics, and the management (for taking a risk) should get a fair share of the winnings because of their contribution to the win.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    The Andretti team must be in a real shock right now. If you followed the race before the Bell and Hunter-Reay accident in the pits, then it should be clear that Andretti was controlling the race. Bell, Hunter-Reay, and Hinch were running in the top five, swapping positions between themselves for the lead, and basically "coasting" for the win. It seems like Andretti got a near perfect car setup, or perhaps the Honda engine had a distinct advantage in this 500-mile race. By the lap 50 I thought Andretti had the race win in its pocket, one of those guys had to win, but then... I couldn't believe it. About as ridiculous as JR's mistake in 2011.

Liked 54 Times in 41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    The Andretti team must be in a real shock right now. If you followed the race before the Bell and Hunter-Reay accident in the pits, then it should be clear that Andretti was controlling the race. Bell, Hunter-Reay, and Hinch were running in the top five, swapping positions between themselves for the lead, and basically "coasting" for the win. It seems like Andretti got a near perfect car setup, or perhaps the Honda engine had a distinct advantage in this 500-mile race. By the lap 50 I thought Andretti had the race win in its pocket, one of those guys had to win, but then... I couldn't believe it. About as ridiculous as JR's mistake in 2011.
    Andretti still finished one and two.
    Hinch is now driving for Schmidt Peterson Motorsports
    "Wives live longer than husbands, because they are not married to women" Colin Mochrie - "Whose Line is it anyway?" - The funniest TV show on earth!