Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Monaco 2016

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    Red Bull sucked (this time)...

Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    So the ladyboy won because Ricciardo was given wings, insted of tyres. What a disaster for the former championship team.

3. Likes: Mia 01 (30th May 2016)
    Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    Is someone sulking after today's result ?

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Come on guys, let's have less of the name calling, you're better than this.

Great race, it had it all. So many great individual performances that choosing a single DOTR is impossible. Ric, Hamilton, Perez and Alo all equally deserving I think.

6. Likes: Duncan (30th May 2016),Tazio (29th May 2016)
    Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Come on guys, let's have less of the name calling, you're better than this.

Great race, it had it all. So many great individual performances that choosing a single DOTR is impossible. Ric, Hamilton, Perez and Alo all equally deserving I think.
    I think Perez sticks out the most. There was a time when Hulk was lauded as the next best thing and Checo simply mops the floor with him this year.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I have to agree with Henners on this occasion.

The clear pro Hamilton fans at the expense of anything else and the clear anti anything to do with Hamilton fans are becoming embarrassing

Reading through after watching a cracking race this morning, I reckon 9 of the 14 pages are all either fan boy posts or anti fan boy posts.

Makes me just skim most of what has been said
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Anyway for the race itself I thought it was maybe the best Monaco GP since 2008? and the last wet race. 2010? or 2011 was good too.

Hamilton drove really well, to handle the car from wets straight to slicks was amazing. Not sure I have ever seen that done.

Ricciardo however was massively unlucky. He hounded Hamilton to make a great race and should have won but for Red Bulls inability to find some tyres. What surprised me was Lewis pitted for drys right ahead of Daniel and yet despite a long long stop Ricciardo exited the pits just behind him. A normal stop and he would have easily rejoined ahead. Not sure why Hamilton was so slow.

Perez was exceptional too. Played the conditions just right and got a great podium.

Alonso done a good job too. 5th and lots of points. I dont know if Rosberg had a problem? He was slow at the start on a wet track, then couldn't even stay close to Alonso in the last 20 laps.

Plus I never really saw what happened on the last corner? Did Rosberg slow to early or just get a bad run.

I also agree with someone above who said they were happy with less penalties. I have said for a long time, I get fed up with nanny state and so many penalties. Definitely better to see less being given in race. This should be the outlook at every race.

I also think Charlie Whiting needs to retire. No need for 8 laps under SC at the start. 1 or 2 at most. To be honest could have gone for a proper start like we used to.

I enjoyed the race a lot.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

That race is best described by a four-letter-word that starts with S and ends with T - and it isn't 'soot'. Not because of the winner or the weather. Just because it embarrassed so many people.

First: Whiting. Seriously? Eight laps behind the SC? These are supposed to be the best drivers in the world. On a day when there was the Indy 500 and the Nürburgring 24h, F1 was made to look like a bunch of Eunuchs.

Second: Ferrari. Seriously? What the heck were you doing this weekend? And Vettel? How much more lacklustre can you drive? Seriously...

Third: Max Verstappen. Reality Check, kiddo. That funny noise you seem to find so interesting is the noise your car makes when it disintegrates after hitting the armco. Three crashes in one weekend. We haven't seen that since Maldonado left. An absolutely abysmal job that just emphasized how worthless your gifted win was at Barcelona. Need to do better than that, mate.

Fourth: Rosberg. The hell, man? Have you taken leave of your senses? You have ONE opponent and you follow team orders to let him pass? In a race where you can even defend your position even when you're three seconds slower? What's the point of trying to become world champion if you're not even trying? The very guy you let pass would have ignored the team order as he has done so often in the past. What in the wild world of sports are you trying to achieve by playing the team game when the other half doesn't and runs off with the silverware? Grow a pair, will you?

Five: Merc. Seriously? What's the point in being the bloody championship leader when you tell him to let pass his only realistic competitor? How much more obvious can you tell a driver that he's the 'wrong winner'?

Six: Red Bull. 'Nuff said. Danny, call Maranello and ask for Seb. He'll tell you what this is all about.

Seven: McLaren. LOL. Podium, my arse... Eric The Believable must feel like a complete and utter idiot now after his 'bald statements' last week.

Too bad there was no donkey of the race thread. We could have nominated the whole lot of them.
    Last edited by dj_bytedisaster; 30th May 2016 at 09:48.

11. Likes: Warriwa (30th May 2016)
    Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    Anyway for the race itself I thought it was maybe the best Monaco GP since 2008? and the last wet race. 2010? or 2011 was good too.

Hamilton drove really well, to handle the car from wets straight to slicks was amazing. Not sure I have ever seen that done.

Ricciardo however was massively unlucky. He hounded Hamilton to make a great race and should have won but for Red Bulls inability to find some tyres. What surprised me was Lewis pitted for drys right ahead of Daniel and yet despite a long long stop Ricciardo exited the pits just behind him. A normal stop and he would have easily rejoined ahead. Not sure why Hamilton was so slow.

Perez was exceptional too. Played the conditions just right and got a great podium.

Alonso done a good job too. 5th and lots of points. I dont know if Rosberg had a problem? He was slow at the start on a wet track, then couldn't even stay close to Alonso in the last 20 laps.

Plus I never really saw what happened on the last corner? Did Rosberg slow to early or just get a bad run.

I also agree with someone above who said they were happy with less penalties. I have said for a long time, I get fed up with nanny state and so many penalties. Definitely better to see less being given in race. This should be the outlook at every race.

I also think Charlie Whiting needs to retire. No need for 8 laps under SC at the start. 1 or 2 at most. To be honest could have gone for a proper start like we used to.

I enjoyed the race a lot.
    Yeah it was a good race with plenty of suspense. I felt sorry for Daniel as the teams cock up cost him the race and that's even more of a bitter pill to swallow at Monaco.

Hamilton was pretty solid apart from that period during the Red Bull pit and I don't know either why he lost so much time?

An enjoyable race though nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    Rosberg's car was completely messed up. According to Wolff they taped the brake ducts wrong (whatever that means), which meant that he never got tyres and brakes up to working temperatures (hence the abysmal lack of pace right from the start).

Interesting theory from Alex Wurz on ORF though: He straight-forwardly said that Toto was not telling the entire truth and that the taping most likely caused the brakes to overheat and the discs were glazing. As for the last corner: Rosberg didn't manage to get the tyres warmed up all race. When it started raining in the closing laps, the already cold tyres cooled even more and he had no grip whatsoever, so Hulk simply out-accelerated him.

BTW. Hulk was equally shafted as Danny was. Team apologized for messing up what should have been Hulk's podium. Instead Perez got it. I'd be a trifle po'ed about that, and he was, badly. That interview on German TV was, lets say, not a very diplomatic one.