Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Monaco 2016

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    stupid race director shows alonso cruising instead of the rosberg hulkenberg fight SMH
    Yeah I'm convinced they have gone with the cheapest option of a race director and chosen someone who is mentally retarded every time. The race directing has been shite for years now.

What a race though - one of the best Monaco GP's in years. Definitely one of Hamilton's best ever drives, what he did on the wets was amazing.

2. Likes: truefan72 (29th May 2016)
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Broadcast team lauding Sergio finishing 3rd, but failed to note that Perez closed an 8 second gap to Ricciardo to 4 seconds with 4-5 laps to go, and finished about a second behind him.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    laughing at ricciardo's antics on the podium.
    I'm sure if it was hamilton doing it, the forum would light up with all sorts of comments
    you can't argue with results.

5. Likes: andyone (29th May 2016),driveace (29th May 2016)
    Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    This a track that gives a great indication of chassis pecking order. Clearly the Redbull is ahead of the Mercedes by a whisker. Then there is a small gap to Ferrari. The Force India was very respectably there about the Ferrari. But the Mclaren clearly have a great chassis to finish 5th with Alonso.

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Boy, am I angry at the Red Bull and Toro Rosso pitcrews. They've managed to turn what could have been a win and a maiden podium for Sainz (who was leading Pérez before the first round of stops) into a second place and an eighth. :-/

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    wow. ricciardo in the interviews absolutely throwing his team under the bus. I don;t blame him though and i like that honesty. We shall see how the "internets" and media react to that
    you can't argue with results.

Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
    Boy, am I angry at the Red Bull and Toro Rosso pitcrews. They've managed to turn what could have been a win and a maiden podium for Sainz (who was leading Pérez before the first round of stops) into a second place and an eighth. :-/
    I have to agree with that. They had a brain faze. Ricciado is not impressed, l would be too if l was him. RB are normally well on the ball with strategy, normally very exemplary, but they got it well wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
    Sergio leapfrogged Carlos, his teammate, Vettel, and Rosberg on that switch to intermediates. Spectacular call by the team.

Quote Originally Posted by keysersoze View Post
    Broadcast team lauding Sergio finishing 3rd, but failed to note that Perez closed an 8 second gap to Ricciardo to 4 seconds with 4-5 laps to go, and finished about a second behind him.
    Just saw the final running order with gaps. It was different from the streaming order, which showed Perez one second behind Ricciardo on the final lap. Sorry about the mis-statement.

Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    wow. ricciardo in the interviews absolutely throwing his team under the bus. I don;t blame him though and i like that honesty. We shall see how the "internets" and media react to that
    They screwed him twice now. He is well within his right to be crossed with this. It hurt because it was in the bag but for a basic mistake in communication. I am quite gutted for him.